Got the HTC One yesterday....my thoughts and questions

MrCGym

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I took the plunge from iPhone to the HTC One yesterday. I got the silver (didn't have the black and I believe the silver looks more unique...plus I use an Otterbox case anyway) 32g (don't need a ton of space as of now).

I have to say, iPhone lovers talk about their home key. I really like the front home key (or whatever you call it) feature but it is probably because I am 3 years used to it. It will take some time for me to get used to having to press the top button to turn the screen on.

I love the setup and know I am really only doing basic stuff right now. Blinkfeed is ok, may not use it but who knows. I'm having an issue with the AT&T messages app. It apparently will allow me to have all text conversations also show phone calls to and from that number, as well as the voicemails from the number imbedded all in chronological order. I kind of like the idea of that but it's not yet working....after over 12 hours of initial setup. I'll have to call AT&T about it. Does anyone know of a better app for that kind of function?

I am about to upload some songs from my computer and wonder if anyone knows of any better apps for the music storage or playback. I'm also looking to do some ringtones. Someone told me on a previous forum post of a great ringtone app but I can't locate that discussion.

I'll be playing with it for a while here at work during downtime. Any thoughts you all might have would be greatly appreciated.

MrCGym

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
OH! A concern I have is some of these apps having disclaimers that are really quite odd.

One app says "allows the app to make phone calls without your intervention". Some also say things like it will cost money, take contact information, email people without me knowing....etc.

MrCGym

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Spoke to AT&T about the messages app not working. After 40 minutes on the phone they had to give me a case number for someone to call me back - NEXT MONDAY. My messages account is working online but not on the phone. This is even AFTER deleting the app, turning the phone off, etc. They said it could be the phone. This sucks! because I've had it a whole 16 hours! Hope this doesn't become or isn't a pattern.

Godric37

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I dunno anything about the ATT messaging app but I use Contact+ for all my Contact/phone/messaging needs. It can pull all the contact info from facebook/Google Contacts/SIM Contacts/etc... and allow you to basically call/text/etc all from that interface. I guess the one limitation is there is no integration for voice mail... but each carrier seems to have its own visual voice mail program for alerts to them and access to to them i dont know if its possible.

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Overall this sound more like a issue with the App itself than the device. Reality there no need to use the App due to the phone itself can already do most everything this app does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confteam