Gps no lock

DuStU

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi I recently switched to T-mobile and I am extremely happy with the service(NYC)! However I am having problems with the phone getting a GPS lock. I have searched all over the net to see if others have had this issue but nothing really. First let me say that I got a replacement phone and that phone has the same issue and I have both in my possession. I can go out on my block and get a lock np but once I drive it says GPS signal lost on Google maps although I have full Cell signal and strong data. I tried using 4 different GPS fix apps and they get about 20 satellites in view in my APT but no lock on any of the 20. One time it did lock after about 1712 seconds lol. I tried the screw tightening suggestion but the screws where already solid. So I am trying to figure out what I can do is it something with Tmobile or the S4? Ironically I was on Sprint before with the same exact phone with horrid data and one or 2 bars and I would get a lock instantly every time. I hope I don't have to request a third phone! Thanks in advance for your help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi I recently switched to T-mobile and I am extremely happy with the service(NYC)! However I am having problems with the phone getting a GPS lock. I have searched all over the net to see if others have had this issue but nothing really. First let me say that I got a replacement phone and that phone has the same issue and I have both in my possession. I can go out on my block and get a lock np but once I drive it says GPS signal lost on Google maps although I have full Cell signal and strong data. I tried using 4 different GPS fix apps and they get about 20 satellites in view in my APT but no lock on any of the 20. One time it did lock after about 1712 seconds lol. I tried the screw tightening suggestion but the screws where already solid. So I am trying to figure out what I can do is it something with Tmobile or the S4? Ironically I was on Sprint before with the same exact phone with horrid data and one or 2 bars and I would get a lock instantly every time. I hope I don't have to request a third phone! Thanks in advance for your help.
Make sure the phone is fully updated. Also, when you are having issues, toggle airplane mode on then back off and see if your GPS data is restored. Let us know if it continues, or if the above suggestions helps in the meantime until an update (if that's what is needed) is pushed to your device.

DuStU

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Make sure the phone is fully updated. Also, when you are having issues, toggle airplane mode on then back off and see if your GPS data is restored. Let us know if it continues, or if the above suggestions helps in the meantime until an update (if that's what is needed) is pushed to your device.

My Device is fully updated to 4.4.4 I forgot to add that I tried the airplane mode thing too. Do you own an S4 and always get a lock all the time?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My Device is fully updated to 4.4.4 I forgot to add that I tried the airplane mode thing too. Do you own an S4 and always get a lock all the time?
I don't; However, I've had Samsung devices in the past and have experience similar issues with those. Not sure why, but the airplane trick always worked.

You also used GPS apps to try and get the fix/lock, correct?

Casio750

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

Casio750

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I have the same "GPS signal lost" situation. Thanks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lala2324