GPS not found on Waze and not tracking on Google Maps

ninjadds

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I purchased an Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 on Amazon in March to use with AT&T. Since I purchased the phone I've been having continued issues with the GPS specifically when using Google Maps and Waze for GPS directions. The location services works fine for every other app, including Swarm/Foursquare, Weather and Facebook...there are no issues finding my location for these applications.

When using Waze:
I will always get the "No GPS. Showing approximate location." error every time I attempt to use the app.

When using Google Maps:
The phone does not track along with my progress through the turn-by-turn navigation. The GPS will follow me along the route, but the application will not provide the turn-by-turn updates as I progress along the route (it will stay stuck on the first step of the trip throughout).

I've already attempted to clear data, clear cache and force stop the apps several times, I've used the GPS Status app to download GPS assistance data as well as using it to reset the GPS cache. The application is unable to find GPS location, no matter how long I leave it running and regardless of whether I'm sitting outdoors on a completely clear sky or indoors, there's no luck with the app.

This really starting to get on my nerves, and I'm considering just doing a factory reset of the phone in the hopes that doing so will reset the GPS as well (I'm assuming I must have done something along the way during the set-up when I first started up the phone).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ninjadds

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'll give that a try, but I have tried using GPS Status app several times and have sat outdoors for an hour without the GPS ever getting acquired through the application. Google Maps can locate me without any issue, it's literally the turn by turn directions that doesn't seem to want to function.

I'll definitely try out what you're recommending, though, see what happens. Appreciated!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'll give that a try, but I have tried using GPS Status app several times and have sat outdoors for an hour without the GPS ever getting acquired through the application. Google Maps can locate me without any issue, it's literally the turn by turn directions that doesn't seem to want to function.

I'll definitely try out what you're recommending, though, see what happens. Appreciated!

My thinking is that if you follow the setup instructions, you will at least know that you have done everything correctly. See if this link can shed any light on your issue, https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/6145865?vid=1-635802790739443627-815232608

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332