S23, Android Auto and Waze - problem for me. Anyone else?

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
First off Waze works fine for me when not using AA. In AA the map/car icon doesn't move.

I'm running latest AA 8.9, and Waze beta. Location services are set correctly. Tried disabling battery optimization for both AA and Waze but that didn't help. Google Maps does not experience this issue.

Anyone?

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have AA in my 22 Acura and added my S23U on Monday. Did you delete your old paired connection prior to adding your S23? I use Waze exclusively and love it...

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have AA in my 22 Acura and added my S23U on Monday. Did you delete your old paired connection prior to adding your S23? I use Waze exclusively and love it...

One other thought. About a week ago AA had an update that really messed with my S22+ connection to my car and allow Waze to function as well.I blew everything away and started fresh ( took about 5 minutes) and worked fine. No issues adding the S23U once I got it. I'm also using wireless AA and not a USB connection..

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Your in beta for Waze? Maybe that's the issue

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app
Beta was just updated yesterday. Same issue. The beta version is ahead of release and supports more AA Coolwalk features being rolled out. What those features are, I don't know. I just prefer being one step ahead. Lol

However, I hear you. I could try to download the latest release or just wait for it to get fixed over time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Beta was just updated yesterday. Same issue. The beta version is ahead of release and supports more AA Coolwalk features being rolled out. What those features are, I don't know. I just prefer being one step ahead. Lol

However, I hear you. I could try to download the latest release or just wait for it to get fixed over time.

Yeah either way can try

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't stand the new Android auto....when the phone rings it no longer pops up on the screen on the infotainment screen in the vehicle and I have to answer the phone by using the phone screen, not cool. What's up with that?

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
What vehicle. I have no such issue with BMWs AA integration

2022 Honda Ridgeline. I never had an issue until the most recent updates where it now keeps maps, youtube music, and something else that I can't remember all on the screen at the same time now like a triple split screen instead of each taking up the entire screen like it used to. Haven't had a chance to try my 2017 Honda Civic SI yet...

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
2022 Honda Ridgeline. I never had an issue until the most recent updates where it now keeps maps, youtube music, and something else that I can't remember all on the screen at the same time now like a triple split screen instead of each taking up the entire screen like it used to. Haven't had a chance to try my 2017 Honda Civic SI yet...
Is there not a button on the steering wheel to answer the call?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I think you, if you haven't already, should install the stable release version just to check if you have the same issue as with the beta so at least you can isolate it to beta as being the cause? If it happens with both then at least you'll know it's not the beta and you don't waste time waiting for a fix that won't come.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I can't stand the new Android auto....when the phone rings it no longer pops up on the screen on the infotainment screen in the vehicle and I have to answer the phone by using the phone screen, not cool. What's up with that?
For me, an incoming call indicator shows up in the secondary (top) split screen. Works pretty good for me. I can select to answer from that secondary screen, or using the steering wheel button. For me, no need to go to the phone screen in order to answer a call.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Is there not a button on the steering wheel to answer the call?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Probably....my 2017 has one but there's so many buttons in these new vehicles that you get lost looking for the one that you want. I liked just pressing large bright answer button that would popup on the screen, much easier than trying to find a tiny black button in a forest of a million tiny black buttons in a black interior lol.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm running latest AA 8.9, and Waze beta.
You should probably post about it in the beta forum. Beta users aren't really supposed to discuss beta issues outside of the forum. It is part of the agreement you made when signing up for the beta. However, I believe there was a known GPS issue that they are/were working on. Again though, it is a Beta and not meant for production. For what it is worth, My S23U works fine on the official beta. Only gripes are minor UI issues (readability and scale/sizing of alerts) that I won't go into detail as they are known bugs being actively worked. But the latest version especially is pretty close to ideal.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I thought I had the same problem but it's only when I had Google Maps on the entire screen. I can split screen my display so it shows 3 functions.....Map music and phone. Not sure if you can do it on yours but it's a function of the app menu button. Press once for apps or split.