Greyed out "Favorite apps or Camera" in Lock screen widgets

MrNapa

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello. New to Android (made jump from iPhone 4) and loving it. The one thing I would like to see is the ability to quickly access the camera function from the lock screen. It seems like that is an option, but for whatever reason is not available right now? Any ideas that don't involve leaving my device unlocked? All suggestions very much appreciated!

tawnyy

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Go into screen lock options, set it to "swipe," and then click "multiple lock screen widgets" under "swipe" options; this allows you to turn the lock screen camera/widget option to "on." It doesn't seem to be available if you have password or other protection used on the lock screen.

MrNapa

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying tawnyy. Unfortunately for me I can't leave my phone to "swipe" only; too much sensitive information on it. Hopefully a future update will "fix" this. The ability to get to my camera app ASAP is one thing I do miss about my iPhone.

ghostshell

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
you can download an iphone lock screen that will allow access to the camera, works on mine when i played with it and i have Passcode enabled.

forumreader35

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I use pin passcode and by turning on swipe can have the shortcuts too, just enter pin after swipe and the phone unlocks to starting you app. Also works with the camera, press and hold screen and rotate to horizontal, enter pin and camera app opens.
GT-I9100 GSII with android 4.1.2

Joseph_Hughman

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I know this is a very late response, but if you still have the same phone or another galaxy i found a solution for you. Change the security setting to swipe (no security), and then change the lock screen widgets to Camera on "Favorite app or Camera". When you go back and re-establish a password, the setting will be greyed out and locked on camera instead.

Bill_Lee

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Go into screen lock options, set it to "swipe," and then click "multiple lock screen widgets" under "swipe" options; this allows you to turn the lock screen camera/widget option to "on." It doesn't seem to be available if you have password or other protection used on the lock screen.

J-CR

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Lock Screen: Lock screen widgets greyed out

I've been trying to change my location and understand I will need to do this under the Lock Screen tab; however, the lock screen widgets tab is greyed out. Even though I've changed my location (including time) the phone continues to revert back to the last place I visited and I can't change this. Any suggestions .. this is very frustrating??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
factore