GS8 & GS8+ Midnight Black Otterbox Owners Unite

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I got the marathon color as well as black now.

Decided to keep them both to switch it up.

Rocking the blue shell, with black silicone.

Mike Cook3

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It's been several months since the last post so I thought I'd ask this question. Has anyone had problems with the charging and headphone jack covers causing the case to stretch at the bottom? I'm really paranoid about this so I ended up cutting the flaps off but it does look a lot cleaner with the flaps in place.

If people haven't been having problems I may just buy another one since they're on sale right now for $30 at Amazon and Best Buy.

Other than that it's a great case and I love it. What originally led me to buy it is when I dropped my phone face down two feet onto concrete with the unicorn beetle Pro and the entire screen shattered. I really love unicorn beetle pro but I think they're just too rigid to provide the level of protection the defender provides. After playing $200 for a refurbished replacement from Asurion I want the best protection possible.

Also, just to test my theory I did a drop test on an old Moto X pure edition which had a battery that would only last a max of three hours. With the unicorn beetle pro, I dropped it face down four feet onto carpet and the entire front glass shattered. When I actually used the phone I accidentally dropped it plenty of times but it always landed on the corners, never face down.

TL;DR
Is anyone's port covers causing the bottom of the case to stretch out? Also the unicorn beetle pro tends to fair well with side and corner drops but not face down drops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeuchytil