[GUIDE][VZW Version] Drivers, SDK, Unlocking, Rooting & Returning to Stock

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This can work with 3.1 however I wouldn't do it, I'll come up with a new guide and some new files for everyone. I've just been so busy at work and dealing with Motorola that I want to scream.

I don't want to let you guys down though :) So I'll stop slacking and get on it!

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In preparation, I'm trying to load the SDK, but am stuck in a loop saying I don't have JDK. I've installed it again and again. I've rebooted. I've tried everything I can think of. I've gone into Control panel - System - Advanced - Environment variables and changed the user path to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_26\bin in an attempt to force it.

...nothing. :confused:

Is just having the files from the .zip file provided going to be enough? I can live with that, although I'd be a bit disappointed because I was thinking about playing. I'm a microcontroller guy. I'm a fantastic assy guy, really good at C and "eh" at C++. Android is out of my box, but learning new stuff keeps the brain young.

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So I didnt read the comments and now I'm stuck on the Dual Core Tech Screen

Trying to revert back to original until we get the 3.1 fix, any idea how to root 3.1 3G???

bouchedag

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE][VZW Version] Drivers, SDK, Unlocking, Rooting & Retur

First, This thread wouldn't be possible without @Koush | My Brain Hurts - Koush develops such great things like, ClockworkMod recovery and Rom Manager, if you want to support him, buy his apps!

This thread & posts are for the Verizon branded Motorola Xoom and points to software images for that model! -- (Hint: WIFI only users - LOOK AWAY!)

This guide will help you: install the Motorola Xoom USB drivers, install fastboot & adb from the Android 3.0 SDK, Unlock your Motorola Xoom for flashing and finally root your Motorola Xoom. There's also a "back to stock" mini-guide.

It's a lot less complicated than it sounds and the entire process should take around 15 - 30 minutes (not counting downloading files).

WARNING: THIS PROCESS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY, THIS WILL ALSO ERASE ALL OF THE DATA ON YOUR XOOM

If you're not quite sure what the process involves you should thoroughly read over each section, as well check out the FAQ, also - it's cool to ask questions.

Section 1: Motorola USB Drivers & Android SDK Files (this will setup your computer to talk to your Xoom)

Section 2: Unlocking the Motorola Xoom (screen shots included)

Section 3: Rooting the Motorola Xoom & Installing BusyBox (screen shots included)

Section 4: Returning your Xoom to stock software status with the latest OTA update

Section 5: FAQs
Great work!

AlfieKam

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

This is awesome stuff, I'm gonna try this as soon as I get to work.

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Since it doesn't seem to be getting much of a response.

I Just gave up on rooting my Xoom, went back to 3.0.1 and went to update from there.

Can't do anything, though, on account of there being an inability to connect to WiFi. It says... error, right under Wi-Fi. And, considering this is a WiFi Xoom, it's fairly important.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
xoomforums.com they have a lot knowledgeable folks over there that will be better.at helping u.
Since it doesn't seem to be getting much of a response.

I Just gave up on rooting my Xoom, went back to 3.0.1 and went to update from there.

Can't do anything, though, on account of there being an inability to connect to WiFi. It says... error, right under Wi-Fi. And, considering this is a WiFi Xoom, it's fairly important.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

laurentb

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Hey,
Can anyone advice me what shall I do if after the step 6. in Rooting <fastboot reboot> I get an error message?
D:\KITs\AND_KITs\sdktools>fastboot reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.583s
D:\KITs\AND_KITs\sdktools>adb remount
error: device not found
:(
Tks.

sullyz

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Hey,
Can anyone advice me what shall I do if after the step 6. in Rooting <fastboot reboot> I get an error message?
D:\KITs\AND_KITs\sdktools>fastboot reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.583s
D:\KITs\AND_KITs\sdktools>adb remount
error: device not found
:(
Tks.

I had the same error "device not found" I left it connected for another couple minutes and then resent the command and it worked.

Chuckroid

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm stuck with nothing but the batwings and dual core screen....
won't seem to go any further... I can get to recovery and rsd support 3??

... but everytime I reboot the device I get right back to the batwings. :(

BTW I was on 3.2.4 LTE version...

Last edited:

Chuckroid

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

Been stuck at Batwings all night... I'll try to get it back to stock. I don't think the image ever flashed correctly.
I advise not to use this method on a fully updated US based Verizon LTE Xoom.

Chuckroid

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

I finally got Universal Root to work, and have since flashed EOS' ICS 4.0.3

Awesomeness!!

Engkong93

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

I got stuck on the batwings.. can any body tell me how to undo this thing :'(

Bombixmori