Gummy 2.0 with IMoseyON 13.6 IS HERE

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten two reboots today. Phone just freezes and then does an automatic reboot.

i thought the rom was at fault but it was pointed out to me that ev thing was not as it should be..
after double checking one of the files for 2.0 was way off on total count size..

reloaded the files checkin for correct sizes and then followed the steps and wham bam thank ya mam, everything is ok.. battery held up for 16 hours and i decided that being at 26% i best recharge back to full charge...

GPS works fine,,
Handsent msg works well
calls in and out,, no drop call issue
ran voltage and adjusted to 100 on "noop"
set voltage at 600 on demand.

all calls msgs data searches apps, name it and it works so far,,
no force closes no reboots..
so how much better can i ask for..

thanks devs, admins, testers,and everyone for a perfect rom.. thus far..
i have been using this for a solid 4 days, no issues..

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten two reboots today. Phone just freezes and then does an automatic reboot.

maybe this might help.. if so a thanks click would be nice...
start all over,, you can odin to EE4 and start there ..seems much simpler
then odin the 1.9.1 which has cwm etc within.
then go to usb and bring the gummy FE 2.0 to the phone
restart the phone.. then wipe everything ya can wipe before installing the Gummy Fe 2.0...
flash it and no wipes,,, and you should be ok..

i stay away from all the other radio uppdates etc and my phone works ok,, i have jumped out there and phone was worse than it was in the begining... just a thought,,give er a try..

Last edited:

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

If you go with the clean slate solution suggested by papa54, there's also a guide posted in a subforum that seems to be the base of operations for TeamGummyCharged that might be informative/of assistance - the subforum can be found here and the guide in particular can be found here. If needed I hope it helps!

Reactions: papa54

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
running 2.0 with pink theme on my wife's charge. about once or twice a day it will freeze up then reboot. Mainly when trying to unlock the phone. What would do this and how do I fix it. Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
running 2.0 with pink theme on my wife's charge. about once or twice a day it will freeze up then reboot. Mainly when trying to unlock the phone. What would do this and how do I fix it. Thanks for all your help.

did you do all the wipes.. think.. all the wipes.. cache,factory etc, dalvik,
and then flash the FE 2.0 ???????

what about Voltage !
have you changed it or played around with the Voltages.

right now i'm running my voltage settings at 100 on deadline setting
and 1000 on conserveative settings.
had one freeze useing100 on the noops settings and 800 on the on-demand settings..

this is day 5 with no re-boots and gettingabout 30 hours on battery llife and re=charge at 30 hours and had 32% left before the charge..
phone was used as usual maybe less than first load up but played a few games while bored at docs office. made and recieved calls.. talked about 45 min once and 30 .and so forth off n on..

U Can DL app named ZDbox if yer rooted and it will show batteries past present and future times

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
did you do all the wipes.. think.. all the wipes.. cache,factory etc, dalvik,
and then flash the FE 2.0 ???????

what about Voltage !
have you changed it or played around with the Voltages.

right now i'm running my voltage settings at 100 on deadline setting
and 1000 on conserveative settings.
had one freeze useing100 on the noops settings and 800 on the on-demand settings..

this is day 5 with no re-boots and gettingabout 30 hours on battery llife and re=charge at 30 hours and had 32% left before the charge..
phone was used as usual maybe less than first load up but played a few games while bored at docs office. made and recieved calls.. talked about 45 min once and 30 .and so forth off n on..

U Can DL app named ZDbox if yer rooted and it will show batteries past present and future times

I haved not changed any voltage settings. I thought I did all the clears. I guess I can try it again. Everything works fine on my phone just not the wife's phone. What would changing the voltage do for the phone?

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I haved not changed any voltage settings. I thought I did all the clears. I guess I can try it again. Everything works fine on my phone just not the wife's phone. What would changing the voltage do for the phone?

If you haven't changed any of the voltage settings, perhaps the start-over-from-a-clean-slate solution papa54 suggested for a similar problem a few posts up (post #163) would be something to look into (also check out the post right after that for a link to a guide that may be useful in that endeavor). Changing voltage settings can lead to better battery life, but it can also cause problems (like freezing, rebooting, etc.) if you try to make your phone do more than it can handle - and what constitutes "more than it can handle" varies from phone to phone.

You said that the reboots occur primarily when unlocking the phone - is this a full reboot (i.e. goes back to Samsung logo, then continues into GC boot animation and media scans) or does it skip right to the boot animation/media scans without ever seeing Samsung?

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't changed any of the voltage settings, perhaps the start-over-from-a-clean-slate solution papa54 suggested for a similar problem a few posts up (post #163) would be something to look into (also check out the post right after that for a link to a guide that may be useful in that endeavor). Changing voltage settings can lead to better battery life, but it can also cause problems (like freezing, rebooting, etc.) if you try to make your phone do more than it can handle - and what constitutes "more than it can handle" varies from phone to phone.

You said that the reboots occur primarily when unlocking the phone - is this a full reboot (i.e. goes back to Samsung logo, then continues into GC boot animation and media scans) or does it skip right to the boot animation/media scans without ever seeing Samsung?

straight into loading gc. Never see samsung logo when it does it.

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
straight into loading gc. Never see samsung logo when it does it.

Ah... I believe the term for that is a "hot boot" - while it hasn't been often linked to the GC FE 2 TSM Parts, my gut says that is the likely culprit (this stems directly from my experience using TSM Parts on my Fascinate - I have not had this issue with GC FE 2 personally). Does she happen to use a custom lockscreen wallpaper, one that is set up through Settings > TSM Parts > Lockscreen Settings > Lockscreen Wallpaper? Two things that may help:

1) If she is using a custom lockscreen wallpaper then restore the default wallpaper (can be selected in the same area that you would select a custom lockscreen wallpaper) - this "solved" my reboot issues on the Fascinate.
2) Go into CWM and wipe cache and dalvik - this was a temporary solution for me in my Fascinate days, but it eliminated the problem for about a week before it crept back in.

Another possibility is that it is related to the theme (perhaps the theme has a custom lockscreen wallpaper?) - you could always revert back to the default theme through the gummy toolbox and see if the reboot situation persists.

GaseousSnake

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I've just starting having a problem, where when I try to set a custom ringtone for a specific person, the phone gives this message: "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It occurs after I hit the "sound" button (to pick a song from the SD) when editing the contact and ringtone. Anybody know what might be going on? Multiple restarts have not helped.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've just starting having a problem, where when I try to set a custom ringtone for a specific person, the phone gives this message: "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It occurs after I hit the "sound" button (to pick a song from the SD) when editing the contact and ringtone. Anybody know what might be going on? Multiple restarts have not helped.

Boot into recovery (CWM) and wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reboot the phone. That may help.

GaseousSnake

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've done that, and even tried some other ROMs and come back to this, and it still isn't working. Not sure what it could be.

Another random question: Is there a way to keep settings and home screen stuff when flashing new ROMs so I don't have to reset that stuff everytime? It seems to keep certain things, like my background choice and not having a lockscreen, but almost nothing else.

Last edited:

flagg49

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Really liking this. Question about themes thru gummytoolbox--I've been liking murdercharged--what if I want to try out another one? Do I theme back to default through the toolbox and then apply the new one, or do I have to reflash the whole rom?

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Really liking this. Question about themes thru gummytoolbox--I've been liking murdercharged--what if I want to try out another one? Do I theme back to default through the toolbox and then apply the new one, or do I have to reflash the whole rom?

You shouldn't have to reflash the whole ROM. All you should have to do is like you said - go back to the default theme through the gummytoolbox, and once that is done you can go in and apply a new theme.

Reactions: flagg49

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've done that, and even tried some other ROMs and come back to this, and it still isn't working. Not sure what it could be.

Another random question: Is there a way to keep settings and home screen stuff when flashing new ROMs so I don't have to reset that stuff everytime? It seems to keep certain things, like my background choice and not having a lockscreen, but almost nothing else.

Homescreen settings such as the app icons you have, etc. can only be backed up through the various third party launchers such as Go Launcher, Launcher Pro, and ADW EX. They are all very customizable and have an option to backup and restore settings.