Half-completed warning: "Google Play services, which some of.." by GPM

Trixie Wolf

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Google Play Music has sent a warning notification to my Nexus 6 that says, "Google Play Services, which some of.." and that's the entire warning. Tapping it does nothing. There's no indication how I'm supposed to see the entire warning message, or what it expects me to do. Opening the Google Play Music app has no effect and produces no warning or message of any sort.

Advice?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a temporary error message resulting from a recent update to Google Play Services. The full error message (which popped up on my Moto X yesterday) is something about how some Google services require Google Play Services, and your phone is not supported. Of course that's bunk, and my Moto X (and Nexus 4, which got the same truncated error this morning you got on your Nexus 6) works just fine.

tl;dr Ignore the error. It's nothing.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this happening when Google is rolling out an update to the play services. So, I suspect this is because the play services has just been updated and for whatever reason, the Play Store doesn't recognize that there is a new version of play services installed. So, it throws the error saying it couldn't find play services.

A reboot has always fixed that for me.