Handcent not sending MMS

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble sending MMS with handcent. First I had the MMS settings set to smart, then I tried putting in USA and Verizon manually. I have Handcent services for high quality pictures checked. Then unchecked. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
This was a constant problem I experienced with Handcent, which is a bummer because I love so much about the app and rely heavily on MMS (mostly group texts) for work. It sometimes worked well and sometimes didn't, which was my experience on multiple phones on both Sprint and Verizon. Ultimately, I found that Samsung had improved the stock messaging app some and that it seems to work better for MMS most of the time. However, there seems to be some connection with wifi being on/off...just search for that topic (or threads I've posted on).

HTH,
Mark

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue sending pictures, when I tried different apps I had the same problem, but only when I am at home, leave home, no issues at all sending pictures. Its the strangest thing. No problem sending pictures with my Sprint Iphone5, just the GS4 on Verizon. Don't know how to fix this issue. Dreading having to do a reset and rebuilding the phone.

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue sending pictures, when I tried different apps I had the same problem, but only when I am at home, leave home, no issues at all sending pictures. Its the strangest thing. No problem sending pictures with my Sprint Iphone5, just the GS4 on Verizon. Don't know how to fix this issue. Dreading having to do a reset and rebuilding the phone.

DO NOT hard reset/rebuild your phone, as that will do nothing to fix this issue. Can't explain now, but will later.

ME

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I had just done a factory reset right before I installed handcent. I had been using stock and stock stopped notifying me while I was on a call that I received a text. I thought it was because I installed light flow. So I got rid of that. All other apps I've been using for a long time. That didn't work and since I was having WiFi issues with that "poor connection" warning, I decided to reset. My in call alarm came back, but after I set everything back up, it stopped working again. So I put handcent on, which I've used before. But I'd get that indicator that the MMS was pending. Found out they actually did send, but the pending was still there. Uninstalled and tried Chomp, which worked. Reinstalled handcent and it started working. Can't explain it other than I had a bad install.

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unknownrdssdg