Hard Reset

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I need to perform a hard reset on my wife's S III that she inherited from me.

I know how to do it but I've heard differing views on whether you should remove the SIM card or SD card, or both, prior to resetting.

Suggestions welcome. Tx

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I need to perform a hard reset on my wife's S III that she inherited from me.

I know how to do it but I've heard differing views on whether you should remove the SIM card or SD card, or both, prior to resetting.

Suggestions welcome. Tx

There's no need to remove the SD card. Factory reset from the device settings will basically clear the device except for the content on the SD card(s). If it provides peace of mind remove it then reinstall.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
There's no need to remove the SD card. Factory reset from the device settings will basically clear the device except for the content on the SD card(s). If it provides peace of mind remove it then reinstall.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Got it. Thanks much.

fryskate

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I also have some questions about this...

I'm completely new to Android.. OK not completely but I still don't know the in's and out's of the non essential functions yet.

So my question(s)... I'm not able to have the aid of a PC but I'm wondering about the ability to save my contacts, my media, my apps, and since I use the met.. I'm wondering about my saved themes/widgets.... my sms/Mms was a prob but I already backed them. up with sms backup+ so I'm good there....

sgh-i747
not rooted
no PC... at the moment... maybe later???
using themer.. if that matters

Posted via Android Central App

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
If you sync your contacts to your Gmail account & use your Gmail address when you enter your calendar appointments, then they're backed up. If you have an SD card, you can transfer data to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23