Has Anyone Found A Good G4 "Charger Current App" That Reads How Well Your Charger is Working?

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Has Anyone Found A Good G4 "Charger Current App" That Reads How Well Your Charger is Working?

I need to find a good App that evaluates how well various chargers/USB cords are charging the G4 but haven't found one yet. The "Galaxy Charging Current" App worked well with my S4, but doesn't play well with the G4. I've also tried several at the top of the Play Store list (Ampere, OPO Charging Current) but most give very erratic mAh readings. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Rich

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Has Anyone Found A Good G4 "Charger Current App" That Reads How Well Your Charger is Working?

Battery Monitor Widget is my favorite. It's free, you can set the logging intervals, and you can view the results as a graph, or as a table of data. It also records the battery temperature, helping to correlate rising temperatures with when the phone reduces the charge current.

With the phone cool (battery under 90F), and the screen off, I can get around 1600mA with the stock LG charger and cable.

My current readings will still vary sometimes, mysteriously. Especially if I'm using a cheap charger & cable. I wish I better understood how the phone decides on a charging rate. I know temperature plays a role, but it seems that there may be more than just that.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Has Anyone Found A Good G4 "Charger Current App" That Reads How Well Your Charger is Working?

There are two apps named Battery Monitor Widget in the Store. I'm trying out the one with the blue battery icon first. Is that the one you mean?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I have been using the one by 3c for many years and its great. The only problem will be IF the manufacturer hides or provides the info for his app to work.
For example it works great on HTC, but may not work with Motorola. He has a write up on his site about this.

Another alternative is a meter that goes on your USB cable. I have several and i actually prefer thoes as they give more accurate real time measuring.
Amazon.com: USB Power Meter: Computers & Accessories
The one i have shows current, voltage, peak current and peak voltage.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I have the battery monitor widget pro by 3c and I love it. You may have to try different MA retrieval methods if the default one doesn't work

Asterios

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site

Hi, i have developed an app and until now it works perfect with LG devices (I have problem with samsung dev). I give pure current data from the system. Give it a try and give me a feedback. I cant post link so search for "charger tester" by Asterios.
charger tester.png

phissure

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Ampere works great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo