Has anyone removed the factory installed screen protector?

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Been a while since I've been on the forums. Recently I purchased the P20 Pro and noticed it comes with a screen protector pre-installed.

I usually don't use screen protectors as they tend to look nasty over time and in my opinion ruin an otherwise nice looking display.

With that being said, the one factory installed on the P20 Pro is the least offensive one I've seen so far, however I'm wondering if it did start to look bad after a while would it be wrong to remove it? Does the P20 Pro display have an oleophobic coating on the screen?

Has anyone here removed their screen protector?

Thanks,
Kris

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Been a while since I've been on the forums. Recently I purchased the P20 Pro and noticed it comes with a screen protector pre-installed.

I usually don't use screen protectors as they tend to look nasty over time and in my opinion ruin an otherwise nice looking display.

With that being said, the one factory installed on the P20 Pro is the least offensive one I've seen so far, however I'm wondering if it did start to look bad after a while would it be wrong to remove it? Does the P20 Pro display have an oleophobic coating on the screen?

Thanks,
Kris
Yep took mine off inside a couple of days and put a glass screen protector on... It peels off quite easily once you lift a corner up.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Got this one from Amazon UK, its a 2 pack and has been perfect. G-Color Huawei P20 Pro Screen Protector, [Updated Version] 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Scratch Resistance Bubble Free Screen Protector for Huawei P20 Pro(Case Friendly, 2 Pack)

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I was more curious about people who removed the factory installed screen protector and didn't put a different one on. I've never used a screen protector before and I've never had issues with scratches or anything.

When you removed your factory screen protector did the screen feel like it has an oleophobic coating?

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Thanks,
Kris

Check out this thread:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/huawei-p20-p20-pro/894984-factory-screen-protector.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike