Has the 'Close all' apps button gone mission from the Lollipop update?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Just read that on the Z3 after the lollipop update the close all apps button has vanished? Just wonderd if this is the case cause i liked this option.

aznxpsyko

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
it's gone, RIP close all button :( However, people over at XDA have found found a way to add that feature back in, it just requires rooting, which would void warranty :/

Lu99ke

May 28, 2013
Visit site
it's gone, RIP close all button :( However, people over at XDA have found found a way to add that feature back in, it just requires rooting, which would void warranty :/
Small correction - Root does not void warranty... Unlocking boot loader voids warranty... But rooting by itself does not.

To get root without unlocking boot loader is a bit of a process but it can be done.

Matthew Way

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the close all apps button on my z3c (3 little rectangles below notification) and I updated using the ota.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 61802.jpg
    61802.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 142

revdaxx

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop finally came through for my Z3 yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised to find that, like Matthew says above, it does actually include the new 'close all apps' button. What gives? Searching on the webz I can only find people complaining about its omission rather than reporting that their version has it. Is this a Sony customisation? Or one from my service provider?

In other news: loving Lollipop so far.

EDIT I should have searched harder

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/04/0...on-for-recent-apps-in-latest-lollipop-builds/

Article reports the story but my button looks the same as in Mathew's post.

Last edited:

Travis Bakker

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The button you are referring to is the dismiss all notifications button, which is present on all versions of lollipop. The "close all" Apps button was located in the running Apps tray, as shown in the picture it's no longer there, and you have to close each one down individually. Not the biggest deal, just more of a nuisance.

Attachments

• 393.jpg
    393.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 49

Lakshya Rajput

May 1, 2015
Visit site
No its there in my z3 but this lollipop upgrade has imcresed the time lapse of charging to hours n hours of my precious time and the phone now starts heating up quickly

revdaxx

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't know what others are referring to - I can close all my recent apps with one button, thankfully.

Screenshot_2015-05-02-09-22-59.jpg

Last edited:

Hexme

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Wish they'd hurry up with this update, the missing close all aps button is so annoying.......

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo