Has your phone done this? it was making me crazy!!!

famedflea

May 25, 2011
Visit site
for the last 2 days my phone has been changing the notification every few hours without me setting or changing them. I had it set to the original notification sound on my phone for email, and then in the middle of the night it started playing the sound of a car that just will not start. So I went to change it and the setting is showing it on the default. I hit apply anyways. The next few emails are using the stock ringtone. Then maybe 3 hours later I get a email and its now playing a song that I have on my SD card, but did not switch it to.. I switch it back and in the middle of the night it plays the car sound again. It has changed my notification for text messaging and my ringer, but those have not switched back since I changed them to the prior ringtone.

After 2 days of this and worrying that I have some sort of male-ware I decided to set wipe my phone.
I only download from either the Amazon App Store and the Android Market. The phone has now been reset and working properly for the last 12 hours.

I guess my question is.... What in the world happened to my phone to posses it?
and... Has anyone else had this issue?

gregg6942#AC

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
A few days ago all of my notifications, including ringtones and text tones had been changed. Plus my live wallpaper was also changed. Only happened once, and not since.
Today, I received an ad from Dolphin browser in my notification bar. I have never gotten one before.
Lookout scan comes up clean, I have downloaded google+, and msnbc.com apps recently, tho I have not really used either one.
I have updated a couple apps, music folder player free and mobo video player and also light grid live wallpaper...but again, I have not used any of them since.
are one of these apps causing this? or do I have some malware that Lookout is not finding?...should I be concerned?
My Evo 3d is stock.
Thanks for any help

antipunk

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
try wiping the cache and davlik cache, works for me when my ringtones get screwed up. they should be back to normal after.

axne123

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Crazy that happen to me too I don't know what is going on with this. it actually happened 3 * in 1 day I hope they come up with a fix for this this is becoming a problem

Sent using HTC Evo 3d Swype.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is totally been happening to me with my DInc2. It started on Tuesday when I unplugged my phone from charging overnight. It didn't come on, so I pulled the battery. Ever since then (3x) I've had this weird notification/ringtone randomizing thing.

Doesn't anyone know what's causing it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967