Have You Gotten Jelly Bean 4.3? Thread

bnitty

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my update today. Not sure if it had to do with me connecting to Wifi or not, but 5 mins after connecting to Wifi I received the update. Only thing I can notice off hand is the "dail pad autocomplete" feature & an update to the camera. So far, so good. *knocks on wood*

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I finally got my update today. Not sure if it had to do with me connecting to Wifi or not, but 5 mins after connecting to Wifi I received the update. Only thing I can notice off hand is the "dail pad autocomplete" feature & an update to the camera. So far, so good. *knocks on wood*

Yes, Wifi is exactly why. No Android OS OTA update will download if your not on Wifi.. It even says on the update screen/top right

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Wifi is exactly why. No Android OS OTA update will download if your not on Wifi.. It even says on the update screen/top right

That's not entirely true. Mine gave a window of three days, I think, saying it will update over wifi but if wifi isn't available in three days then I would have the option of doing it over cell network. That said, the notification itself does not depend on wifi. Update checks and notifications are done even w/out wifi.

Last edited:

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, it finally hit on my N4! I don't think that location matters since I have seen multiple posts from others who received it days ago who are in my same area. Not sure what method they use to determine who gets it when.

lonewolfbear

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm de-lurking to report JB4.3 finally hit my N4 today at 1pm Pacific Time (Oakland/Berkeley)! :D I was wondering if I'd have to do that force upload routine, but Google came through, finally.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
That's not entirely true. Mine gave a window of three days, I think, saying it will update over wifi but if wifi isn't available in three days then I would have the option of doing it over cell network. That said, the notification itself does not depend on wifi. Update checks and notifications are done even w/out wifi.

Gotcha, I stand corrected then... good to know!

Saao91

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I got the update yesterday on my Nexus 4 and it was really fast to download and install, it took like 10 min, overall a good update on JB 4.3.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Toronto. Just finished installing it. The only bad thing that happened was it screwed up my playlists on Google Music so I had to redo them. Other than that, everything appears working fine.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Got it early yesterday evening. Not long after loading it I was steaming some of my music from All Access and suddenly everything quit with the phone locked up. Got it to reboot and so far OK since. First time I've ever had my N4 totally lock like that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Burgo

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Got it OTA a few days ago in Spain on my Nexus 4, but Mrs. B didn't get it (nor my Nexus 7). Held off installing it due to the rumoured problems. Bit the bullet and it took 5 mins to install. Screen froze when it re-started, but a re-boot seems to have fixed that. MX player reports "Unsupported Android version" so that needs a patch. No other probs at them moment.

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
hey guys op here, anyone having app notification issues after 4.3? I have a feeling it has to do with me doing the service framework trick :(
-tried removing and re-adding Google account
-rebooting phone multiple times

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Got it yesterday on both my n4 and my n7.

And yes, they changed something in how notifications work, so now I get 3 "Audible is Running" notifications that can't be removed while the app is running. Hopefully Audible will get their app updated soon.

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
hey guys op here, anyone having app notification issues after 4.3? I have a feeling it has to do with me doing the service framework trick :(
-tried removing and re-adding Google account
-rebooting phone multiple times

I tried that trick and it never worked and had problems with what you are taking about.

I ended up doing an FDR and alls well now. About a day or so after I reset, I got the update.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Sapidz

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Got it fairly quick and installed it smoothly...which was unexpected given my Nexus 4's tantrums esp when the usual apps are updated and it goes silent on calls and doesn't let any end user hear each other! But lo and behold! Guess jellybean has defunct my hotspot shield VPN app! It has stopped working....and so have videos on websites that previously streamed fine...( but now asking for plugins) . Has anyone faced the same situation?
Any idea which plugins to use for Dailymotion videos.
Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Hotspotshield but it says its not compatible with the system! Now what to do for accessing YouTube!!??

sirannon

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Strange, my Nexus 4 downloaded the 4.3 jellybean update again today. Installed but nothing seems different....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord