Have you rooted your Gear S?

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So just wondering. I downloaded everything it takes to do it but haven't jumped in yet. Can you simply factory reset back to stock? Really want to set different ringtone for different stuff but it is kind of extreme.

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
There is no reason to root if all you need is ringtones, that's built in. Look for a YouTube video from LPX STUDIOS. The guy has lots of good info about the S. Tell him I sent you!

Posted via the Android Central App

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I follow LPX. Should spend more time away from his Gear VR productions I guess. I will check it out.

Just wondering if I can flash the root and then easily factory reset back to stock. That's all.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I follow LPX. Should spend more time away from his Gear VR productions I guess. I will check it out.

Just wondering if I can flash the root and then easily factory reset back to stock. That's all.
There is a thread dedicated to rooting the Gear S over on XDA devs. I'd check there.

cipherswitch

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Factory reset wont get rid of root, it did at first but I changed it so it would stick. Only way to get rid of it is to flash the full stock firmware. Rooting will get you the ability for custom ringtones, notifications, themes, removing stock apps and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte