Hello! Noob here with lots of random problems (and one big one)

Scryer360

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello Android Central community! I'd wish I joined with more to contribute than a list of problems, but an excuse to be on-board is an excuse none the less!

Recently I've been having trouble with my Thunderbolt. It drops 4G LTE signal randomly, I'll just be sitting in traffic in a spot I used to get 4G service and suddenly it cuts out. Some Apps have been having problems doing what they did normally.To fix these I used the factory defaults option and just cleared the phone. That made everything better for maybe two weeks.

But tonight, I woke up, looked at my nightstand and realized the phone was dead. It wouldn't turn on, and taking out the battery and re-seating didn't help. This phone is also my alarm clock so this deal troubled me. When I plugged it back in I got a flashing orange light at the top of the phone. Still wouldn't turn on. So I plugged it into the computer and the computer informs me that its just a "generic USB hub." A minute and a half later, its an Android again. Now I'm looking at the phone and it says it has 0% battery, and is charging.

Here is the kicker: the phone was plugged into the wall AC outlet when I went to bed. The battery had 60% charge at that time, and was charging before I fell asleep. The phone was plugged in the whole time, but it STILL drained the battery and lost all charge.

What gives? I thought the charger was dead, but its the same charger that is charging it now. And even if the charger wasn't working, the battery had 60% left. Should it really drain 60% of its battery with the screen off, no apps running and just on wi-fi in 7 hours? I can't remember it ever having done that before. And again, it was plugged into an AC outlet. Any ideas?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, you've done a factory reset, that's about what Verizon will tell you to do. About the only other possibilities on the bizarre charging incident are a defective battery, a defective charger, a charger port starting to fail, or a horribly bad app running. Or maybe a one-time bad connection and it'll never happen again.

For the 4G drop... it probably won't do you a bit of good, but a SIM pull is easy and harmless. Pull the battery, then open the little SIM drawer, and leave both battery and SIM out for a little while. It could quite possibly help with the 4G signal, since it will force your phone to re-provision.

Also, the 4G antenna is located in the back cover. While your battery and SIM are out, check the little contacts on the upper edge of the back cover and the corresponding contacts on the phone to make sure they are clean.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe