Samsung Messages or Google messages

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
You running some carrier version like Verizon or whatnot?
Nope. The phone is not tied to a carrier. It is only a Samsung A21, far from top specs. However, I wouldn't think the Google Messages App would be much different across different non Google Phones. Frankly, it seems odd to me there is a Bixy/Samsung related settings in the Google Messages App.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, not part of any beta. My Google Messages App version as per the screen shot:
This mine
08a8e21cf90735d9e8d4755d089f2700.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Ok let me know
So I installed that version. It resulted in a "SamsungDynamic" version showing as installed. The app worked and such, but for me on my phone and in my region it basically gave me what appeared to be less functionality/features and a slightly older looking interface. The advanced setting for messages across devices with Samsung account and Bixy still wasn't there for me, and missing for me was also now iPhone reactions settings (which was there for me with the other phoneDynamic app version). Most importantly, it didn't seem to make a difference with Google Messages app still not working for me with Watch5, still the apparent problem between the Watch and Phone not recognizing the app installed.

Maybe I should have left it for a bit longer to see what would happen over a few days, but the app, my phone and Play Store also basically immediately noticed that an app update was available (understandable I think because the earlier PhoneDynamic version I had was newer than the apkmirror SamsungDynamic version you linked). I went ahead and installed the update and things are now back to where I started with Google Messages.

It doesn't cease to amaze me how there can be so many different possible variations of app versions and functionality with what one would otherwise expect to appear on the surface to be the exact same app. I guess it makes sense to Google for what they do for internally controlling things and for incremental rolling out of app updates outside of what the user thinks they control for for apps and app updates.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I installed that version. It resulted in a "SamsungDynamic" version showing as installed. The app worked and such, but for me on my phone and in my region it basically gave me what appeared to be less functionality/features and a slightly older looking interface. The advanced setting for messages across devices with Samsung account and Bixy still wasn't there for me, and missing for me was also now iPhone reactions settings (which was there for me with the other phoneDynamic app version). Most importantly, it didn't seem to make a difference with Google Messages app still not working for me with Watch5, still the apparent problem between the Watch and Phone not recognizing the app installed.

Maybe I should have left it for a bit longer to see what would happen over a few days, but the app, my phone and Play Store also basically immediately noticed that an app update was available (understandable I think because the earlier PhoneDynamic version I had was newer than the apkmirror SamsungDynamic version you linked). I went ahead and installed the update and things are now back to where I started with Google Messages.

It doesn't cease to amaze me how there can be so many different possible variations of app versions and functionality with what one would otherwise expect to appear on the surface to be the exact same app. I guess it makes sense to Google for what they do for internally controlling things and for incremental rolling out of app updates outside of what the user thinks they control for for apps and app updates.
Yeah lot different versions, I'm glad you tried it what of been curious if it showed up leaving it longer but my theory almost right about regions how the app will install differently

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000