Help: Crazy Menu Button

locationman52

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love my e4gt but a major problem started two days ago. My menu button (bottom left button) has gone crazy. It is sporadically bringing up the menu and taking it back down, as if I were touching it multiple times rapidly. This happens when I'm on the homepage or in an app. Has this happened to anyone else or anyone have suggestions on what could be causing this?

I'm running everything stock. I have done several battery pulls and removed the screen proctor thinking it might have been "pushing" the button. Nothing works...thanks in advance.

MonkDong

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem and tried everything as well including a hard factory reset. I thought it may have been an app but it still continued after the reset. Then i noticed it more when i had poor signal. In the end I gave up trying to figure out why or how it happened cause it seemed pretty random and my phone was pretty unusable at this point. I brought it in to a repair center, and of course it worked fine then, but the rep there was kind enough to order a replacement. Since then it has worked fine. My advice is to record a video of it when it happens and bring it into the store to show them in case they hassle you bout it.

locationman52

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all for the responses. Will a repair center give me a new phone for this type of malfunction if I do NOT have insurance? Is this a claim on the manufacturer's warranty? Thanks for the help, guys...

aemulus

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for the responses. Will a repair center give me a new phone for this type of malfunction if I do NOT have insurance? Is this a claim on the manufacturer's warranty? Thanks for the help, guys...

locationman, did you ever find out about getting the phone replaced/repaired without having the insurance?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Last time I took my old EVO to have the screen replaced at a Sprint repair center, they destroyed the plastic housing in 4 different places and handed it back to me like nothing ever happened. I immediatley looked at it and put on my shocked face in front of 5 or 6 other customers and started to swoon like a little kid! They were apologizing left and right and ordered me a replacement and told me that it would be NEW and not a refurb. HAHAHA, They handed me a new phone alright, a new phone from a clear plastic bag. The phone...how can I say this...looked as if they handed it to a 3 year old with black crayola (washable) paint and told to have fun! It was hideous. After some professional dialogue (cursing and swearing nicely), I left there with a brand new EVO. It's the only repair center for 100 miles where I live and don't really have a choice but that just crazy. Anywho.....

OP, I feel your pain. I love my SGSII and hope that doesn't happen to me, or anyone else. Please let us know if that fixed your issue and that all went well.

twiktor

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine just started doing this along with these half reboot/crashes where it just does a quick login splash redo anywhere from 1-4 times in a row. Both are annoying and the sprint reps at the closest store to me are lazy s who just like resetting your phone.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine just started doing this along with these half reboot/crashes where it just does a quick login splash redo anywhere from 1-4 times in a row. Both are annoying and the sprint reps at the closest store to me are lazy s who just like resetting your phone.

That's because that's the only thing they know how to do. Yeah, they have manuals but it seems it's above thier pay grade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeuchytil