Help me fix my battery life

toshbar

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
So i'm new to android, coming from ios since my first smartphone. I'm looking at other people's battery life screenshots and nobody is using anywhere near as much android system as i am. can somebody help me troubleshoot this?
also, clean master shouldn't be taking this much battery, should it?

Screenshot_20160311-142701.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Clean Master isn't needed. It actually does a lot more harm than good. It is good for Android to fill up the RAM versus trying to keep it empty.

toshbar

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Ok. removed cleanmaster. I'll report back in a day or two if android system is still taking significantly more than other's

Thank you. Multiple people recommended cleanmaster but it clearly is a battery hog so it's gone

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Wifi calling on T-Mobile phones are a battery burner. If you dont have good cell signal, then you need it, if you do, turn it off and turn off VoLTE in the phone app, your battery life will be much better. I really like the call quality with VoLTE, but until qualcomm can build a SOC with a strong LTE modem that supports QOS, it will just burn battery.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
^ What he said... First thing I always do when I get a T-Mobile phone. Turn off Wifi calling if you won't use it, and VoLTE as it's right now it's a mixed bag, so I turn it off also.

Only thing I can't find on my S7 edge is Wifi Always Scannng and yes, my Android System has been higher than expected, stll a great battery life averaging in the 2 full charges since I got it on Friday afternoon between 7.5-8 SoT.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
^ What he said... First thing I always do when I get a T-Mobile phone. Turn off Wifi calling if you won't use it, and VoLTE as it's right now it's a mixed bag, so I turn it off also.

Only thing I can't find on my S7 edge is Wifi Always Scannng and yes, my Android System has been higher than expected, stll a great battery life averaging in the 2 full charges since I got it on Friday afternoon between 7.5-8 SoT.

On Verizon, WiFi always scanning is in the location menu I believe. It says improve accuracy and has the wifi always scanning and Bluetooth always scanning in there.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'll just leave this here..

14880d37ff072ccb697e06d8595f29ba.jpg

Auto brightness, mostly WiFi, at least 1 hour of gaming, web browsing, YouTube videos and some reading. Always on Display enabled. Greenify installed and configured with Aggressive Doze.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
On Verizon, WiFi always scanning is in the location menu I believe. It says improve accuracy and has the wifi always scanning and Bluetooth always scanning in there.

Thanks I also have it on the T-Mobile version, never thought on look in there.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wifi calling on T-Mobile phones are a battery burner. If you dont have good cell signal, then you need it, if you do, turn it off and turn off VoLTE in the phone app, your battery life will be much better. I really like the call quality with VoLTE, but until qualcomm can build a SOC with a strong LTE modem that supports QOS, it will just burn battery.

I was getting good battery life (20+ hours) with approx 4 hours SOT, which is sufficient for my needs. That said, I have gone ahead and made the above changes to see how they affect battery life. Thanks for the info :)

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Few things I always turn off that improves battery.

HD voice
Smart stay and other Samsung gestures.
Google location history
WiFi scanning
Disable all bloat
Limit location accuracy to middle while not using maps

This is something I do on every device and has allowed me to have 7-8 hours screen on time with moderate to heavy use, no gaming as I don't game on my phone but still, it's great.

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Few things I always turn off that improves battery.

HD voice
Smart stay and other Samsung gestures.
Google location history
WiFi scanning
Disable all bloat
Limit location accuracy to middle while not using maps

This is something I do on every device and has allowed me to have 7-8 hours screen on time with moderate to heavy use, no gaming as I don't game on my phone but still, it's great.

Might as well buy a flip phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Are you trying to imply flip phones don't have bloat? ;)

Yes. There's also no list of things to disable.

Me personally I just disable the visible bloat I don't care about. I don't go out of my way to turn off things like HD voice, VoLTE, location services etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes. There's also no list of things to disable.

Me personally I just disable the visible bloat I don't care about. I don't go out of my way to turn off things like HD voice, VoLTE, location services etc.

I disable the things I don't use to save battery. There's no need for unnecessary drain, right? I think that's what the original person was implying.