Help Needed - Unlocking Sprint Samsung Note 3 To Use With AT&T

GoProDavidLe

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I know this question is posted ALL over the forum. But I wanted some peace of mind before I make a purchase of a used Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (in about an hour or so).

The primary carrier of the Note 3 I am purchasing is a Sprint phone. I am with AT&T so I will need to get my phone unlocked. Due to high costs of unlocking phones around my area, I have decided to attempt unlocking it myself. Can anyone refer me to a guide on how to unlock the Samsung Note 3 please?

Also, what are some great tips on purchasing a used Note 3? What should I look for?

Thank you! Sorry for the rookie questions!

- David

crazyhairboy

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Since you say are going to make the purchase in an hour - i'd do more research before you do.
I could be wrong BUT..
I don't think you can use a Sprint phone with another carrier. It doesn't have an exchangeable SIM card.

GoProDavidLe

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I've been cramming my brain with some more research and I don't think Sprint will work with AT&T either unless you "flash" it. I guess I will hold off on this buy and keep looking.

Thanks!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Flashing it wont help. Most manufacturers have different radios / hardware for CDMA versions and GSM versions. So a Sprint / Verizon have similar hardware and a T-Mobile / AT&T have similar hardware. Then you have differences in bands.
So the Sprint version might have the same LTE bands but it would have different hardware for the other stuff.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Full phone specifications
Looks like the N9009 is the CDMA variant.
My TMO Note 3 is a N900T. which istn on that list. So be careful.
As far as unlocking, i have used Unlock Fusion - Official Shop with no problems.
Hey mods if those links arent allowed let me know and i will edit them out.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man!

I ended up finding a Note 3 with AT&T carrier so I wouldn't have to do unlock or anything!
I think you made the right decision. Unlocking devices will work but theres always a chance you will be missing a frequency band, or protocol, or even something the carrier has done to make the phone work better with their system. ( think TMO and WiFi calling)

Feel free to go back up to post #5 and hit the thanks button. :)