HELP! Note5 frozen(Screen On) after unplugging charger

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I unplugged my Note 5 this morning and hit the power button to turn on the screen. I swipped the lock screen, I don't have it pass code protected, and the home screen came on. Since then I've had absolutely no response from it. The screen remains on, it hasn't shut itself down automatically or anything.

I've tried:
Plugging it back in to see if the current charge indicator would help reset anything. In the past with other phones, it would seem to snap out of it's freeze up.

Pluggin into my desktop. Again, In the past registering the USB cable insertion would snap it out.

As many different button hold combinations as I can figure out and still no response.

Screen is still on with no response from screen touch, Stylus, or Buttons.

Back in the Good old days, when a phone would do that, we'd just remove the battery and that would reset it..................

I've never dropped the phone or anything else that could cause harm to it that I am aware of. I've tried Googling for any advice or reports of occurances and so far I've not seen anything.

Any Ideas?

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
OK. Never Mind. Right after posting the request, I went back and did the Volume Down and Power button reset again and it worked this time. The phone was frozen for about 3 hours with no response before. I'd done the Power/Volume attempt a few times over those hours and nothing worked.

It didn't actually reset my phone but it did restart it and all appears to be back to normal.

This time......

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Disable samsung pay if you don't use it and do a partition wipe. This is a common bug with the Note 5 and hopefully this gets fixed in the next firmware update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord