help on tethering on the Driod 4 to use for my IPAD 2

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone help me set up tetheiring for the Driod 4. I got it to use for my Ipad 2.. Please email me!

thanks in advance.:D

Not sure of all the details, but if you're paying Verizon the extra $$$ each month for tethering, then you should just launch the tethering app and connect your iPad via wifi to the phone as if it were an access point. If you're not paying Verizon for the privilege of tethering, it's a lot trickier. I'm not sure if it's possible, as Verizon have gotten into detecting most of the third-party tethering apps that you can run with root and not letting you use them. As I understand it, today the current state of tethering on Verizon Android devices goes like this:

a) pay Verizon for the capability

or

b) root and then install a custom ROM that has tethering working

If you go with option B you will be voiding your warranty and potentially causes issues with support (should you ever need it) from Verizon, as they can see what devices are not using the latest approved software versions and allegedly track them.

chefboyardee

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
You actually don't need a custom rom, if you root the phone you can just use the Android Wifi Tether app (you can get it on google code). This can be used even with the stock rom, as long as you're rooted. I use this to tether to my work iPad and my personal Xoom from my D4.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniellewc