Help Stuck In FASTBOOT MODE

lostmarine

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
This is my first time ever trying to Unlock a bootloader and I will prob never do it again.

1st... I was following the guide posted in the sticky I am using Windows Vista so the Driver screens aren't the same. I can't figure out how to install the drivers properly. They are installed but I don't know which to tell Crappy Vista the right driver to use.

Now I found a different forum on XDA on how to do it in linux and I am still getting waiting on device.

Bottom line I just want to know how to get out of the FASTBOOT MODE???

I have tried powering down but it isn't working help please.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
In Windows you need to make sure you run the .exe and then if still doesn't work, see the troubleshooting section of the guide.

In Linux the command needs root privileges. If using Ubuntu, use sudo.

Reactions: lostmarine

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I have Windows 7, so idk if it will be different, but if you've got the Samsung drivers installed, connect your device to the machine (be sure it's normally booted, that is, on the home screen):

[Edit: didn't realize you were stuck stuck in fastboot...try the driver directions anyway and see if they help=/ Best of luck to ya!]

-Open "Device Manager" (start menu, type it in)
-Find your device (before I got mine working, it was a generic name with a yellow warning/caution sign), right click and select "Update Drivers" (I don't remember the exact verbiage)
-Choose option 2, something about manually finding the right driver
-Choose option 2 again, something about already installed drivers
-Find "Samsung", select it, and hit okay until it works

After doing this, I would close device manager and open it again to see if your phone is now properly recognized. If so, proceed:

-Open a Command Prompt (start menu, type "cmd")
-change your directory to wherever you've got the adb/fastboot stuff stored, for me it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot oem unlock

I wrote all of this from memory and to be honest, this was the first time I've ever played with unlocking/rooting/hacking so...you've been warned. I hope this works!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

saul_j

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Don't know why so many experts don't get this right. The answer:

fastboot reboot

Type this in the DOS window you started to run adb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky