HELP!!! TB Red Triangle of Doom! (?)

rusticchasm

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Help! My Thunderbolt isnt rooted but my friend and I removed bloatware (using linux, i'm a n00b at this). Phone keeps trying to upgrade it's firmware but when it restarts post download, i get a black screen with a red triangle and an exclamation point. Nothing restarts the phone except pulling the battery, then the phone works perfectly until it tries to install the new firmware again. Help? :-\

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Boot to recovery. Factory reset. Probably tried to remove system apps. No no no.

Root the phone......then install custom rom! Whooot! Of course. If there is a rom available.

And, i hope you did a system backup before tinkering with it. Can also restore that through recovery. Did you back up your contacts?

Last edited:

rusticchasm

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my contacts are backed up. I removed apps that were said to be ok in one of the forums- i guess i will boot back to factory and then update and then remove bloatware

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, the best method, is to root the phone to remove bloatware. Of course, you void the warranty when you do so, then later, if you need service, you should un-root.

Usually, the bloatware, are the apps listed as bonus applications on the advertising ;) Things like sms and mail, are usual things. Apps like Blockbuster, GoSync+, Extended Chat, WalMart bonus community, and the usual stupid sounding apps, are the ones that we all hate :mad::mad::mad::mad:

rusticchasm

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
yeah, i had rooted it previously but had the same problem. i thought by un-rooting and then just removing the bloatware remotely would solve my problems... i guess not. stupid bloatware.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I suspect the carriers are getting wise to users rooting and uninstalling their "value added bonus software" :p:p:p

I suggest, if you are already rooted, ,,,, come to the Dark Side.....

Try out a custom Rom. You would be surprised ;)

More battery life, no bonus software, and not reliant on carriers upgrading you to the newest version of android, overclock your processor.... more control over your phone.

Do it... come to the dark side..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo