help with installing ROM on Sony Xperia Miro

snadge

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
hi

i wonder if anyone could help provide clear and concise instructions on how to flash a Sony Xperia Miro on ICS to JB - the guides ive come across on XDA are quite vague and talk like you have to have done it a 100 times already on other phones.

there is a Jelly Bean Mini Project on XDA that I like the sound of but asking for help installing it is seemingly going nowhere fast.

does unlocking a boot loader root your phone?
if not, does unlocking a boot loader require root access?
if I unlock the boot-loader and install a custom ROM will it come pre-rooted?
if I unlock the boot-loader (but thats all) will my current ROM still boot as normal?

I want Jelly Been on my phone as its much better...used it on my friends, also the root access can help manage the low memory better by disabling certain apps from being "prefetched"

can anyone help me with this please?

I can follow instructions here to unlock bootloader (but have not done so yet):
Instructions | Sony Xperia

but here are the instructions for installing the ROM on xda...(also I want to back mine up for a restore if it bricks)
[MIRO/TIPO/J][ROM][4.1.2] Jelly Bean Mini Project Release 5 [07/02/13] - xda-developers
Download rom
Place rom on your sd card
Make backup of your previous rom
****(IF J
Flash boot.img from ROM ZIP)****

Boot to CWM (Volume Down button)
Make full wipe
Wipe cache and dalvik cache
Install the rom
Install the Super Stripped Gapps
Reboot
Wait for the rom to boot completely
Reboot again
Enjoy

the stuff highlighted in BOLD I just dont have a clue what that means? when i asked for help the guy said check his youtube channel...which said you MUST have ICS 11.0.A.7.5 installed or you wont get GSM network signal? when i said I had 11.0.A.5.5 he said that was ok, but if thats the case it should say so... it makes it sound like it MUST be 7.5 only...

in the Unlock BootLoader instructions step 14 & 15:

Open a command window and go to the tools folder within the Android SDK folder.
Enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version, and verify that you get a response back (for example "0.3"). This means your device is connected properly.

there is no fastboot.exe in this folder?
it doesnt say to Enable USB debug?

I tried to follow another guide HERE but it doesnt say how to put it into fastboot mode so using instructions from another guide I held vol up button and plugged in USB cable, light went blue i let go and it said driver did not install??? lol.... these guides are extremely unclear or outdated and its no wonder there are loads of bricked phones!

I just dont want to take the risk without clear/proper instructions for noob - ive flashed my routers and jailbroke an iPod before so have some experience with flashing etc..

thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201