Help with message sound notifications

Toeduster

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Running stock Google messages app on my Android 11 Galaxy s10. Messages notify with vibration and pop up but no sound. In messages settings no sounds make sound. Google messages is my default and running latest version. I did force stop the app to clear cache.
Any thoughts would a appreciated

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Do any of your notifications have sound? I have often seen the default setting, in the system settings, get set to silent. Usually through an accident, some times because of a system/app update or after uninstalling an app that installs ringtones. They sometimes take the sounds with them or disable any that were downloaded. The equivalent of taking their ball and going home.

If your other notifications work and the system isn't set to silent, I'd try the stock Samsung app. It only takes a second to switch, test it and see if you're getting sound for any SMS.

The way your post reads none of your sounds work "in" GM but is that when you attempt to set one or do you mean for any contact sending a message? Which brings up is this for one specific contact or all contacts/SMS? If just for one or two be sure there's a sound set for that contact. In side of the conversation use the 3 dots to view details and be sure there is a sound set and that it isn't set to silent there.

You also say that you did a force stop "to clear the cache". Force stopping may not clear the cache. Go to the app page>Storage>Clear cache just to be sure and certain.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
From time to time the custom tones for different people get wiped out and it goes back to default. This has happened so many times that I have just quit trying to set up custom notifications for different people.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
From time to time the custom tones for different people get wiped out and it goes back to default. This has happened so many times that I have just quit trying to set up custom notifications for different people.

This sometimes happens to me when I use Google Messages. A fantastic app that needs a few tweaks!

Toeduster

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Yay! I cleared cache from setting/storage/advanced then forced stop from settings/apps and it seems to be working now.

Thanks so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003