Help with new Pie phone please

dredlox

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
So I have a Blackview BV9700 with Android Pie on Verizon's network.

Phone works very nicely so far but two problems I'm having:

1: When I enable my wifi, it seems to turn off my 3g/4g connection which is disabling my phone calls and text messages. As soon as I turn off the wifi, the text messages work again.

I have already disabled wifi calling but that hasn't helped.

2: My MMS messages will only receive or send when the data is on and only when connected to the 4g. It won't even send pictures when connected to 3g or wifi.

How do I set it so that I can receive pictures and group texts without enabling my data plan. My LG G3 allows me to send pictures without the data being enabled.

I actually suspect that the answer to both questions might lie in the APN settings. However, there are no options for APN settings anywhere on the phone.

I entered the phone info using the *# code and changed the set preferred network type to "LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (prl) which seemed to help my connection. It was originally under "global (prl)" which was not allowing me to connect to 4g at all. Now it sometimes connects to 4g.

And yes, in the mobile network settings, I have 4g data enabled and I have enhanced 4g lte mode enabled. Although, it never says LTE on the top of the screen, even though the LTE is supported by the phone.

Thanks in advance for any and all help that you're willing to give me!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I have a Blackview BV9700 with Android Pie on Verizon's network.

Phone works very nicely so far but two problems I'm having:

1: When I enable my wifi, it seems to turn off my 3g/4g connection which is disabling my phone calls and text messages. As soon as I turn off the wifi, the text messages work again.

I have already disabled wifi calling but that hasn't helped.

2: My MMS messages will only receive or send when the data is on and only when connected to the 4g. It won't even send pictures when connected to 3g or wifi.

How do I set it so that I can receive pictures and group texts without enabling my data plan. My LG G3 allows me to send pictures without the data being enabled.

I actually suspect that the answer to both questions might lie in the APN settings. However, there are no options for APN settings anywhere on the phone.

I entered the phone info using the *# code and changed the set preferred network type to "LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (prl) which seemed to help my connection. It was originally under "global (prl)" which was not allowing me to connect to 4g at all. Now it sometimes connects to 4g.

And yes, in the mobile network settings, I have 4g data enabled and I have enhanced 4g lte mode enabled. Although, it never says LTE on the top of the screen, even though the LTE is supported by the phone.

Thanks in advance for any and all help that you're willing to give me!
Hi, thanks for registering!
Have you tried resetting network connections in phone settings? Once you do this you'll have to put your wifi passwords again

dredlox

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
I had not tried doing that as I figured it was just a waste of time. However, since you suggested it, I just tried it.

Strangest thing. Now it says 3gR which I assume stands for roaming. However, all of the roaming settings are disabled.

I tried sending a plain text message and it now says there is no connection. The sim card is still active though and says it is connected to Verizon.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had not tried doing that as I figured it was just a waste of time. However, since you suggested it, I just tried it.

Strangest thing. Now it says 3gR which I assume stands for roaming. However, all of the roaming settings are disabled.

I tried sending a plain text message and it now says there is no connection. The sim card is still active though and says it is connected to Verizon.
Interesting, put the phone in safe mode to see if it acts the same way , this will disable any third party apps that might cause a issue.

dredlox

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
So I looked up how to put the phone in safe mode and after turning it off, I turned it back on then held the volume up and down buttons.

Now I see a black screen with 5 options to choose from but all are in Chinese

The third option down says GPS and then more Chinese

Which line should I choose?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I looked up how to put the phone in safe mode and after turning it off, I turned it back on then held the volume up and down buttons.

Now I see a black screen with 5 options to choose from but all are in Chinese

The third option down says GPS and then more Chinese

Which line should I choose?
Oh wow , nothing to tap English?

dredlox

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
No, I do not see any other options. I'm going to try powering it down without selecting anything. Fingers crossed that I don't format the phone.

Ok, I got lucky. The phone restarted.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, I do not see any other options. I'm going to try powering it down without selecting anything. Fingers crossed that I don't format the phone.

Ok, I got lucky. The phone restarted.
Lol...good good that's strange not give in English

dredlox

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
lol it is. Unfortunately, I don't speak Chinese

When the phone first came back on, it said 4g HD. Then it went back to 3gR.

Is there another way to boot the phone into safe mode?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
lol it is. Unfortunately, I don't speak Chinese

When the phone first came back on, it said 4g HD. Then it went back to 3gR.

Is there another way to boot the phone into safe mode?
Lol no wish I could .
Let me check this device online

dredlox

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Nope, nothing says safe mode. If you're in New York, I could meet you and let you test it out haha

I'm using Verizon Wireless. It did automatically do the APN. I contacted Verizon and they won't help me.

Edit: In Mobile Network settings, I changed the CDMA roaming mode from Home to Automatic. Now my text messages work again.

At least that problem is solved. Now back to the original two lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nope, nothing says safe mode. If you're in New York, I could meet you and let you test it out haha

I'm using Verizon Wireless. It did automatically do the APN. I contacted Verizon and they won't help me.
Hahaha I'm in Jersey..
Where the APN is can you reset it might be 3 dots upper right corner to do this

dredlox

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
We're neighbors lol

No, there's no dots anywhere. Nothing that says APN or Access Point Names anywhere. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to find the APN settings.

I think the Android 9 hides it and Verizon blocks it.

Edit: I read somewhere that rooting this phone allows you to access the APN settings. But I don't know how to root this phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We're neighbors lol

No, there's no dots anywhere. Nothing that says APN or Access Point Names anywhere. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to find the APN settings.

I think the Android 9 hides it and Verizon blocks it.

Edit: I read somewhere that rooting this phone allows you to access the APN settings. But I don't know how to root this phone.
Lol yes we are..
No no dont even root it , that just open can of worms we cant even get this thing in safe mode lol.
Can you take a screenshot of you settings , in connections?

Just block any personal info out

Last edited:

dredlox

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Exactly why I don't want to root it lol

Sure, give me a few minutes

Edit: Actually, what exactly do you need a screenshot of? Do you mean the "Network and internet?"

I posted 4 pictures but it says a moderator needs to approve it before it can be posted.

2 are from the phone information, 1 is from Mobile Network, and 1 is from Network & Internet

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332