HELP!!!

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Tried to flash TWRP but phone wont boot now, i get the secure boot error message when I turn the phone on. Same thing when I try to go into recovery mode. Only thing that currently works is the download mode. Is there any way tor recover from this or am I SoL? Btw its the D852 variant.

EDIT: FIXED IT!!!! Thank you LG for your great device support and having a fix for user stupidity!! I honestly thought this device was long gone after weeks of searching for a fix but I found this and voila! It worked!

Here's how I fixed it (and its very simple compared to the other sophisticated fixes):

1. Download the latest device drivers (make sure its the right device model first) from here LG LGD852 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG Canada

2. Download LG Mobile Support Tool from the same link in step #1

3. Install both device drivers and Mobile Support Tool

4. Put your phone into download mode. DO NOT DISCONNECT USB OR PHONE WILL NOT BE DETECTED AT ALL!

5. If you performed the above steps correctly, the Mobile Support Tool should detect your device successfully.

6. The Support Tool software should now start downloading the latest Android version for your device and then upgrade it automatically. Do not touch anything while this process is in progress.

7. After the recovery process is done, the phone should reboot properly and it should be working fine after.

8. Proof that this worked and my phone being alive again!

IMG_20160318_184517.jpg

I hope this guide helps anyone who runs into a similar issue. You're welcome guys!

Also it would be really nice if the mods can mark this as fixed in the title and sticky it as well. I know it will help alot of others who may run into this issue. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54