HeWho DOES have working wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
hey everyone,

I've been seeing this on the forum and I'm affected as well. My device will connect to the wifi network fine but then it will keep dropping the wifi! It won't keep a steady connection! Who haas working wifi?!

Xtgirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not me...it drops constantly..I can't even run to speed tests in a row without it hanging...what's wrong with this thing? The only time it works is when I turn it on and off from the settings menu and only for a minute or two...very frustrated.

Leif

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...I don't get any 3g coverage in the room I'm in at the moment...only wifi, and it's just fine for me.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
i've only tried my wifi once and was able to connect (secured) and run a speed test and pull down over 8Mbit download speeds.......the same speed as my wired PC was getting from the same network.

showson1

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Mine disconnects when the screen turns off (think this is normal), but comes right back when I wake it up.. no issues here.

I'm using PSK / AES.
With some previous phone (maybe the Pre?) I had an issue where my WiFi would drop if my SSID wasn't being broadcasted, don't know if it's the same issue with you but you may want to try it if you're not already broadcasting.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
WiFi is working perfectly for me. Good speeds too. As twindragons said, you can turn off Wi-Fi automatically turning off when the screen turns off if you like in the "Advanced" Wi-Fi Settings. Under Wi-Fi Settings, click menu, then choose advanced.

bandroid

Jun 15, 2010
www.twitter.com
man i thought i was alone, i have major wifi connectivity issues. downloading 100mb for astphalt 5 took 15 minutes, on my DINC it took 2. i cant get large files to transfer atall wifi stalls out. something is wrong, i hope its just software.

DroidRage79

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
WiFi is working perfectly for me. Good speeds too. As twindragons said, you can turn off Wi-Fi automatically turning off when the screen turns off if you like in the "Advanced" Wi-Fi Settings. Under Wi-Fi Settings, click menu, then choose advanced.

Im not seeing "advanced" settings when I go to my WiFi settings....hmmm

Xtgirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to troubleshoot this...so far its working if i don?t use the widget toggle. I have to go into settings. I have the sd card out but it still exhibited the behavior when i used the toggle. I also did a reset first. My 3g download speeds are pretty bad...going to get out of the house today and hope they improve.

That didn't last. My next speed test hung and wifi stopped working. I turned it on and off and it immediately started working ag ain.

I am using wpa2 settings on a verizon router that we've hand for a long time. My iphonehas no issue maintaining a connection. im frustrated.

Last edited:

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gotten any problems. checked your network and battery settings? I think there was something about how your battery settings mess with your connections. hope you get it fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981