Hi guys, I need your opinion.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm wizzrah. I make toolkits for HTC phones and I am hoping to be recognized for creating the best toolkits. If you don't know what a toolkit is, to sum it up, it is bascially a UI that simplifies the process of unlocking your bootloader, flashing a recovery, rooting, etc. For example, here is my HTC One Toolkit. While this is the common interface, many argue that toolkits are useless because "you will not learn anything" and that "it is better to do this manually." Well, I have come up with a Concept UI for a Semi-Automatic toolkit in which the user will get hands on instructions with ADB and Fastboot. Look at the screenshot below.​

concept-ui.png

*Note that this is not a final design and this is work in progress. The look will either change slightly or drasically. The toolkit will basically be a embedded CMD prompt where the user will be able to type the commands themselves provided that I will layout a step by step guide (I will assume the user knows nothing about ADB or Fastboot).

What do you think? Do you guys think it would be cool to say, wow, I did this all by myself! Rather then the toolkit doing everything and you doing nothing? Let me know please!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao