Hide Email Notification on Lock Screen

zigpeters

Apr 29, 2022
Visit site
I want to see an email notification on my notification bar once my phone is unlocked, and see the unread email count on the app icon. However, I DON'T want to see email notifications on the lock screen.

I do however want to continue to see new text message notifications on the lock screen.

I had my phone set up this way, but after I reinstalled my Samsung email app, email notifications now keep showing up on my lock screen.

Is there a way to select which app notifications show up on the lock screen?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It will depend on the app, but you can always go into the app's settings to change that behavior if it allows. If not there, you can open the app's info, select Notifications, and on the type of notification you want to change, there should be a LOCK SCREEN option, where you can set it to show details, show no details, or not show notifications on lock screen at all.

zigpeters

Apr 29, 2022
Visit site
Thanks SpookDroid.

I'm using the Samsung email app that came installed on the phone.

I could've sworn there were separate settings for notifications on the lock screen, but I don't see that option anymore. There's just a slider to turn notifications on or off, per the attached screenshot. Perhaps an update to the app eliminated the option to select lock screen notifications.

I'd appreciate someone using the Samsung email app letting me know if the setting is still available.
57c3bbfdecdb7cec458e9d3dba099191.jpg

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Lock screen notifications are a separate section.

Settings > Lock screen > Notifications (tap the word, not the toggle).

It's a global setting, but there is where you control how much is shown on the lock screen. Turn on or off, then, does it just show the icon, or show some of the content, then whether it shows silently or also makes the sound. This is also where you can turn on the notification for the AOD too.

It doesn't seem to have any per-app settings.

I do see lock screen specific setting in App settings for some apps, but not all of them.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks SpookDroid.

I'm using the Samsung email app that came installed on the phone.

I could've sworn there were separate settings for notifications on the lock screen, but I don't see that option anymore. There's just a slider to turn notifications on or off, per the attached screenshot. Perhaps an update to the app eliminated the option to select lock screen notifications.

I'd appreciate someone using the Samsung email app letting me know if the setting is still available.
57c3bbfdecdb7cec458e9d3dba099191.jpg

There is still... It's under Notification Categories. Android now further breaks notifications down for granular control, so in there, you should see either a specific conversation or general inbox/messages notification. There you should be able to set whether the notification is shown on the lockscreen completely, as a brief, or at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332