Home Button Stopped Working

wxruss

Jun 7, 2011
www.weatherlink.com
My home key suddenly stopped working. When on an app (gmail for example) I press the home button and the screen just blinks...it doesn't go to my home screen. Running stock ROM (not rooted) and have the last update installed. The strange thing is it just randomly stopped working.

wbsimsjr

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I've just had the same problem, had my phone for a year now, So I backed up all the apps I want to keep and get rid of those that either don't get used and to reset it and go at everything fresh..
After I removed the apps I went after all the google bs services, [ use my tablet to get the apps ] Removed 'em and restarted/reset the phone...
Thats when the problem appeared.. I opened an app and hit the home button as usual.. it vibrates in response, but no action, long pressed it to bring up the recent/app list..nothing.. I also lost the phones native lock screen/security. I came to find through some obscure search results that google apps lock into/hijack the native files and when deleted, delete those files also..

I put on a keypress logger, and when the home button is pressed, no action and no key ID number showed, but it still vibrates. I tried several remapping apps and the same, vibrates but no action... I then installed another app that allows you to actually edit the key number to app function.. and it replied that 2 .pl files necc to edit were not found or existed.
In the interim I'm using "home launcher",; the launcher app that I installed, snazzy as it is with its software home button, just isn't available while an app is open, so with the HL a simple swipe down from the top brings the home button to view..
Currently waitin for a friend to bring their phone [same model] over and attempt to adb the files and try out a fix.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886