Home Screen App Locations Locked-Help!

HastyTom

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Newbie to android with LG V20. Busily rearranging/adding app in home screen, when I experimented with sorting of apps. Now all my icons are in lockstep either alpha or date & refuse to be relocated. Is there a magic "unsort" button in LG's version of nougat?

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Shoot I already changed to a different launcher. I remember seeing that option though. It doesn't have any other options, such as 'custom' or something similar?

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Newbie to android with LG V20. Busily rearranging/adding app in home screen, when I experimented with sorting of apps. Now all my icons are in lockstep either alpha or date & refuse to be relocated. Is there a magic "unsort" button in LG's version of nougat?
Probably not the same issue, but I could not move any of the APP icons to the last line on the home or any screen. What I needed to do was select the APP I wanted to place on the last line of the screen from the App Drawer, and then there was no problem

HastyTom

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
No solution offered worked - more troubleshooting, decided to remove all widgets from Home screen. App icons now fully movable. Suggest that problem was a rogue 3rd party widget. Had been sampling several weather/clock widgets before problem appeared, so can't say for sure which one it was. After decades of computer troubleshooting, you would think I would have learned the troubleshooting lesson of only changing 1 parameter at a time....