Horrible battery since 8.0

Wynnsman

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So since the 8.0 update, my battery has become terrible. I spoke to Google about it and after several attempts to fix the issue (hard and soft resets) they told me it was covered under warranty and I should replace it. Anyone else had this issue on a Verizon XL?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
On my Verizon Pixel (non XL), I had bad battery life and random restarts at that. A hard reset fixed it for me. It isn't great but it is okay. I hope someone else can chime in to help you out here.

mbxx

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm still with Nougat 7.1.2
I'm so worry I will lost my perfect battery life if I move to Oreo.
My Pixel works so fine with N still now.
I would like to move but I'm really worry it will be a kind of fault.
Is there someone what is thinking the same like me.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I did a factory reset. The Google backup works well.

I have never had a battery problem on Android 8. I had problems back on Android 5 but it was a music app that was draining the battery.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm still with Nougat 7.1.2
I'm so worry I will lost my perfect battery life if I move to Oreo.
My Pixel works so fine with N still now.
I would like to move but I'm really worry it will be a kind of fault.
Is there someone what is thinking the same like me.

Nope, you're not alone in this. I wanted one with Nougat but the guy I got mine from already loaded Oreo so I have been alright with it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Upgrades do come with risk. But in general, you'll see better battery performance in 8... And even more so in 8.1. Google has been checking in a ton of enhancements to Android.

If you do run into problems, a factory reset will usually clear them up, and the benefits far out weight the risk.

Keep in mind that people often land here when they have a problem... So there is a selection bias... Makes small problems seem like big problems. If only 10 people in the world have a particular issue, but all 10 find themselves here, posting in the same thread they found in a Google search, it might appear that it's widespread when in reality it's 10 out of thousands, or millions...

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I got horrible battery life after moving to 8.1. So I factory reset over the weekend. We'll see if that helps this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87