How can I download shows in download manager but not in file manager?

A

AC Question

Download shows in download manager but not in file manager

So, I downloaded some pdf files (choir sheet music) to my tablet. For some unknown reason the files don't show up in the file manager. But they are easily visible if I use the download manager. Unfortunately this doesn't cut it because I need to be able to organise the files to different folders, which cannot be done through the download manager. Everything else that I've downloaded, including pdf sheetmusic from an other page and a text document from the choir page, show up nicely in the file manager. I've even tried several different file managing apps but with the same result. Never before have I had to post a question online because I have always been able to find some solution through research. This time I'm getting pissed off since the choir sheetmusic was the main reason to get this tablet, and now I can't set it up and none of the possible solutions I came accross do any good... -.-# All suggestions are highly appreciated!

Maikkeli

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Download shows in download manager but not in file manager

I posted this question and I managed to solve the problem a few seconds later... Basic day. The solution was to download the files using "save link" option instead of simply tapping on the link. The tapping opened the file in a document viewer app and the download through that particular app is somehow not working properly. And thus ends my problem solving dialog with myself.