How can I get rid of Instant Apps constantly automatically downloading without my permission?

Jokr12

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
Starting just yesterday, my phone started to run slower and I was experiencing major delay when restarting my phone(5-10 minutes). This morning, when I started my phone, applications had just started to stop working out of nowhere. I ran a deep scan with Malwarebytes but it found nothing. I looked through my list of apps on my Moto Droid Z and I found one suspicious app; Google Play services for Instant Apps. I had never downloaded this application and it was found to be downloaded the day I started experiencing problems. I deleted the app out of my settings and my phone seemed to be running fine. This was, until the app literally reinstalled itself from Google Play without my permission. It started to use my data and I've tried everything to get rid of it. I've found that instant apps is something created BY Google Play as a solution to something that was never a problem. Any ideas on how I can get rid of this deadly uninstall reinstall cycle of this seemingly malicious application? Thanks in advance.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, the app is called "Google Play Services" not Google Play Store Manager. My mistake. Is this still ok or is it an uncommon app?
That's a system app, essential for many functions on your phone, I wouldn't mess with the permissions. You can restrict background data in settings - data usage, if you prefer, but I'd leave it alone.

IMG_20180319_190021.jpg

Dudeguy123420

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
You have to go into your phones files type in instant apps Evan after turned you have to uninstall google play services for instant apps and it will say exactly that... It's really not as hard as all these people state it is and than after its completely gone Intel you re download it if ever again interested in instant apps... This I different from your actual google play and it's the only way it will stop without messing up your phone.. Turning off background data and such like the rest think doesn't actually work...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali