How can I get videos uploaded to play on my MS7?

Ricardo223

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Video upload issue

As part of my works I do short videos of work areas for records. I use a HTC one M7 phone to do so. When I upload the videos to my computor (Has Microsoft 7 software) they will not play citing an error. I have tried to sort it out but I am unable. Photographs are fine.
Any help appreciated,
Ricardo

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Video upload issue

Welcome to Android Central! How are you getting the videos to your computer? Via USB, using Windows Explorer to drag and drop? Or uploading the video to YouTube or Google+ Photos, then accessing them on the web on your computer?

Ricardo223

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

G,day B.Diddy,
Thanks for your reply. I am uploading via USB cable i.e. cable connecting phone to computor and then viewing pictures perfectly but not videos.
Any thoughts,
Regards,
Ricardo

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, so you're connecting via USB--and on the computer, are you using Windows Explorer? Can you locate the video files that way? What file format are they in? If they're .MOV files, you'll need Apple Quicktime, since Windows Media Player isn't compatible with Quicktime format.

vbdwork

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

When I upload the videos to my computor (Has Microsoft 7 software) they will not play citing an error.

Recorded videos are in MPEG-4 video format (*.mp4 files) and default Windows Media Player in Windows 7 plays them with no issues. A video codec is missing on your computer or something else is wrong. All popular media players support MPEG-4 video. The easiest way to fix this is to download VLC or KMPlayer. Both are very good media players and contain all the codecs they use in the installation file.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I'm aware of that ... I was originally going down the wrong line of thought to begin with--thinking back on when I would transfer videos shot on a point & shoot camera to the computer (which often was a .mov file), where Quicktime would be needed. Of course you're right--it wouldn't make sense for an Android phone to take a video in Quicktime format!:)

vbdwork

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

Well.. Apple developed the compression algorithm and both MOV and MP4 are MPEG-4 containers, but MP4 is now the standard with more support. MOV is Apple products specific file format. Older cameras used to write in MOV format, but newer use MP4. In other words we still use Apple's technology in different video recording devices, including Android phones.

Ricardo223

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for reply. Did as you suggested and downloaded both VLC & KM player. Did not work just got a blank screen. The video play scroll moved along as if the video was playing but no picture - ??. I did try the video,s on a laptop and they played very well. Could it be my work computors security is an issue thats blocking the picture. Any observations welcome,
regards, Ricardo

vbdwork

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

Could it be my work computors security is an issue thats blocking the picture.

Ask your system administrator about company's IT policy. In case media playback is not a problem, show him the issue and ask him to fix it. The fact you were able to install 3rd party software on your work computer tells me that the issue is not IT policy related. Most likely just the video drivers need to be updated or the settings are incorrect.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19