How can I hook up my HDMI adapter to my Note Pro 12.2?

drt49786

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
HDMI adapter for Note Pro 12.2

Hi.

I recently bought one of the EEEkit HDMI adapter kits from amazon but when I plug it all in to my TV as instructed I cannot get audio or visual signal.

Has anyone else got one of these and do I need to change a setting on my note pro 12.2 so that AV is played via an external source? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HDMI adapter for Note Pro 12.2

Welcome to Android Central! Is that an MHL adapter? Is it specific for the Note Pro 12.2, or for some other tablet?

drt49786

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site

Hi. I would attach the link from amazon but I can't as I haven't posted sufficient posts yet. If you google EEE hdmi adaptor on amazon.com you can see what I have purchased

Yes it is an MHL to hdmi. The description on amazon reads......EEEKit Cable Kit for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Samsung Note Pro 12.2 Inch Tablet, Micro USB B MHL to HDMI Adapter Cable + Power Cable for MNL Adapter + USB 3.0 Micro B Male to A Male Cable + OTG Cable

I want to be able to use my device for watching downloaded TV programmes when I am traveling overseas

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I don't always trust the product descriptions in Amazon. Have you tried it on different TVs? If it doesn't work on any of them, I'd return it and ask Amazon for a refund.

Posted via Android Central App

drt49786

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site

Are you aware of any products that allows me to watch AV from my note pro through my tv? The UK connector for the Note Pro think is type USB B.....The 2 part, wide type, connector (which I have yet to see on any other device) which I think is different to the US version of the Note Pro (???)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

What are you trying to watch? Chromecast might be a good option.

Posted via Android Central App

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site

At the risk of sounding silly, when you plugged into the TV, did you set your tv to the correct av input source?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I didn't want to start a new thread on this because my question is somewhat related. I want to hook up the Note Pro 12.2 not to a television but to a 23 inch Asus monitor which has an HDMI port. I need clarification that those MHL to HDMI adapter cables are the solution. Any specific ones to recommend from anyone that has done this such thing? Thank you.

Last edited:

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

I use this: Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter. From Amazon. Works like a charm. That eliminates wires from your note pro. I can help if you have problems getting it to work.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

^Thank you for the recommendation. I will look into the All-Share Cast Hub.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Does Chromecast actually let you see your android desktop, or does it only pass on video output from chromecast compatible apps?
In which case, Chromecast would be useless for productivity apps, or for remote pc handling.

I have been trying to find an acceptable way of using splashtop to remotely connect to my PC, and then transfer the result to a larger external monitor, but have yet to find the a solution which is capable of both a sharp picture AND doesn't produce pixilation and screen freezes (not on the Sammy, where pic remains perfect, but on the larger screen).

Have a non-samsung mhl adapter, and also a mirrorcast Netgear Pusht2TV, but neither is perfect.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Well guys, bought the new Samsung MHL adapter the ET H10F, and after some fiddling with the video settings on my new LG IPS 23MP75 screen, I have a very good, clear picture, great for text and spreadsheets, also vivid and colourful for videos.
Not the perfect solution I was looking for - wanted a wireless solution from Sammy to the monitor, but could not get good reliable consistent results.
Don't know if that was because of a fault with my Netgear Push2TV 3000, or asking too much of the Sammy, or whether a better screen mirroring solution exists.
Until I find a good wireless solution, this is good enough. No more long monitor cable snaking across the lounge room floor - just a short cable from the Sammy to the monitor, for either a bigger Sammy apps screen, or for controlling my PC from the Sammy.

If anyone does find a good wireless solution to this prob, I would still be interested.

Craig Cameron1

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

Are you aware of any products that allows me to watch AV from my note pro through my tv? The UK connector for the Note Pro think is type USB B.....The 2 part, wide type, connector (which I have yet to see on any other device) which I think is different to the US version of the Note Pro (???)
Any verification whether this is USB B

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
If anyone does find a good wireless solution to this prob, I would still be interested.
Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black)
Amazon.com: Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

You can find cheaper one on Ebay, I bought an open box for $40. This Dongle uses its own wireless signal so the set up is very easy. Just connect it to your TV's HDMI port, then turn on Screen Mirroring function on your tablet ; when it detects the dongle, select connect, and you're done. This adapter is quite small, just half the size of your hand.

IMG_1537.jpg

This is the view on my Samsung TV

IMG_1538.jpg

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black)
Amazon.com: Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks for the suggestion, but to be honest I am a little sceptical and leery of throwing any more money in this direction without absolute certainty that it will work in the specific context of remote pc use via splashtop.

My Netgear Push2TV is fine for mirroring (to either my tv or my computer screen) with virtually all applications except the one I most wanted it to work with - ie Splashtop. With this application it starts out ok, but as soon as I start anything major on the computer, the picture starts pixilating, from to bad, and then eventually freezes. No probs with video direct from Sammy to tv/monitor, or games, but it seems the double barrel wifi of picking up the computer screen and passing it on is asking too much. I doubt that the All-Cast would be much better, unless someone can tell me they regularly remotely control their pc with their Sammy via splashtop, and pass on to another display via mirror-cast

You can find cheaper one on Ebay, I bought an open box for $40. This Dongle uses its own wireless signal so the set up is very easy. Just connect it to your TV's HDMI port, then turn on Screen Mirroring function on your tablet ; when it detects the dongle, select connect, and you're done. This adapter is quite small, just half the size of your hand.

View attachment 179664

This is the view on my Samsung TV

View attachment 179665

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Further to my posts 12 and 13 above, people may be interested to know that with the Belkin MHL adapter, I can pass media (music, videos etc) through my NAD T775 HD AV receiver.
But the Samsung MHL adapter will not let me connect through the AV receiver: it puts up a little message on the Sammy screen advising me to connect direct to my TV.

That is very inflexible on Samsung's part. May be due to copyright protection requirements, but very annoying. Means I have to re-route sound back to my AV from the TV.
:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky