How can I update my software manually (S6 Edge on Vodafone onto the newer o2 software.)?

Shayan M

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
how can I update my software manually? s6 edge on vodafone onto the newer o2 software.

Ive got an s6 edge on vodafone however they are extremely slow at releasing software. My CSC is currently G925FVFR2BOH2 and PDA is G925FXXU2POHC.

Ive seen on sammobile that o2 have released a newer update which is:

PDA G925FXXU2COH4
CSC G925FTEF2COH1.

Am i able to update to this newer software? and if yes, how?

Any advice/help is much appreciated.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can I update my software manually? s6 edge on vodafone onto the newer o2 software.

I wouldn't try firmware from other carrier models--that can be buggy, or frankly brick the phone. If your phone is specific to Vodafone, you have to wait for them to release their own version of the firmware.

Shayan M

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: how can I update my software manually? s6 edge on vodafone onto the newer o2 software.

Would the btu version be okay or is this also not recommended?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you can find someone who has done it successfully, without any glitches.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

I'm on Vodafone and they released a small 50MB update on Friday. Hope this was to get ready for the slightly bigger update that the guts in the US are getting ie the app edge update.

Posted via the Android Central App