How difficult is it to replace the original screen protector?

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
THIS I've been using one on my Note 10+ for about 2 weeks. It's great, pretty easy to install, yes watch the videos, the written instructions suck. Uses a UV activated adhesive so it won't easily lift, has an install guide to get it centered properly and the clarity and the way it feels is amazing. It's like it's not there. Fingerprint scanner works just fine too. Will need to re-register your finger prints after install.

My experience with Whitestone was a bloody nightmare.
They sent an Apple screen in the Note 10+ box and well as the wrong tray which didn't fit either one.
It was obviously an open box special Whitestone reabsorbed and at best did a parts count inspection.
Customer support was just send it back. Not even a sorry for the inconvenience.
Off shore direct ship junk... No, never again.
Let's just say I was very impressed...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My experience with Whitestone was a bloody nightmare.
They sent an Apple screen in the Note 10+ box and well as the wrong tray which didn't fit either one.
It was obviously an open box special Whitestone reabsorbed and at best did a parts count inspection.
Customer support was just send it back. Not even a sorry for the inconvenience.
Off shore direct ship junk... No, never again.
Let's just say I was very impressed...
I've been using them since Samsung s8 + , by far the best for curved screens , I've tried many and others that use glue also like WSD , no comparison WSD for the win . Yeah I've heard there customer support not good but their product top notch stuff .

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I've been using them since Samsung s8 + , by far the best for curved screens , I've tried many and others that use glue also like WSD , no comparison WSD for the win . Yeah I've heard there customer support not good but their product top notch stuff .

When I get an open box special instead of new factory package one direct from Whitestone it tells me all I need to know.
Never playing with these chintzy *Marine grade profanity* again...
You really think this was the first time they did this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I get an open box special instead of new factory package one direct from Whitestone it tells me all I need to know.
I can only speak from my personal experience, and to be satisfied since the s8 until now .

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I can only speak from my personal experience, and to be satisfied since the s8 until now .

Well I'm still looking. The screen needs protection from sand scratches. Any screen protector will help spread an impact better than no protector at all.
The curved screen is demon to protect :(
Too bad Samsung never supplied factory replacements... That's how hard aftermarket protectors are to put on.
Samsung just closed their eyes "la-la-la we don't see a problem". Bull.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well I'm still looking. The screen needs protection from sand scratches. Any screen protector will help spread an impact better than no protector at all.
The curved screen is demon to protect :(
Too bad Samsung never supplied factory replacements... That's how hard aftermarket protectors are to put on.
Samsung just closed their eyes "la-la-la we don't see a problem". Bull.
Lol...yeah true

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Never happened to me

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Would you not be better off using the s-pen on your screen then?

Why would I want to faff with the S Pen when using my phone more so when the screen protector does such a good job?! Doesn't make any sense at all; another thing to damage/lose as well, more so when I'm faffing with the phone to record a lift etc

This is the kind of crazy stuff I do: https://photos.app.goo.gl/otr6Q2Vvf7S4hZRc9

wenso smith

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
screen protector contains in it, its exponentially less effective you must replace it. Do remember that if there any pits or cracks in your tempered glass, you should replace it even though if they are a minor. Glass has a habit of turning minor cracks and pits into major defects.

algiii

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
Too bad Samsung never supplied factory replacements...

Samsung has replacement screen protection. I have just installed and it's very easy to do so.
It's very soft (easy to get out air bubles and mount on edges) - then it gets harder with UV. Please read notice on sticker.

ae4f5a44c29f3b54ed34ddf975687add.jpg

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Samsung has replacement screen protection. I have just installed and it's very easy to do so.
It's very soft (easy to get out air bubles and mount on edges) - then it gets harder with UV. Please read notice on sticker.

ae4f5a44c29f3b54ed34ddf975687add.jpg

They don't sell them in the US. You have to go to an authorized repair center and pay to get them replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord