How disable Google Assistant from both phone one and Plantronics Bluetooth headset

Kofi Vincent

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Device: BlackBerry Motion and Plantronics Legend Bluetooth Headset

Every time I initiate a call from my headset Google Assistant (GA) intervenes. Though the headset and phone have initiated the call GA takes over, releases the call then asks what it can do for me and goes searching for something else. This only started approx. 4/5 weeks ago. Before GA would never intervene.
I have disable GA on the phone including the home button. However when I initiate a call using the plantronics heads call button GA comes back but since I have disabled it it restricts access to the phone though the headset is connected. Then suggests I turn it back on! So GA is controlling my hardware too. Do not understand why x
Google thinks it knows how I should use my phone/harfware. This has. Become unsafe when driving since I sometimes need to pickup the phone to correct GA's interruption. I do not use GA, I don't want to use it and have no use for it. So why can't I just use my phone with out it?
My question is how do I disable GA from the phone and be able to initiate a call as previous from my head set?
Please note. I have reset the phone back to the factory settings and it's the same evil that persists. I have used multiple Plantronics headsets with multiple BlackBerry and iPhones in the past and they have all invited the calls the same way until now.
I would appreciate any suggestions
Many thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d