How do I clear the clipboard on my Motorola Maxx?

A

AC Question

How to clear clipboard on motorola maxx

I am annoyed by the clipboard constantly offering to paste something on it when I'm typing (and me accidentally pasting unnecessary things as a result). How do I clear what's on the clipboard so nothing is pasted when I press down on an area (e.g., when unsuccessfully trying to move a cursor in the right place so I might accidentally hold an area down)?

I've seen suggestions for other devices (e.g., hold down mic until clipboard option appears, try a new text to obtain a clipboard option) -- those so not work on my device. There is no clipboard option on the keypad (including holding down mic), and when I try to paste and get the menu, the clipboard icon just pastes; no option to clear it. I would rather not have to install an app for this. Please help!

confusedmoto

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to clear clipboard on motorola maxx

Thanks, belodion -- I tried this, but I could not figure out how to find or clear the clipboard. Tried looking through the options listed in Settings -> Storage, including clearing the cache, but it did not work. I still get the annoying "paste" option when I accidentally double-touch an area. More details or a different way to access and clear the clipboard would be appreciated.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
That's strange....clearing the Cached Data ought to do it. I'm not familiar with the phone, and for all I know there may be a simple way of doing it, like the Smart Cleaning on some LG devices for example. I will pass on your problem to others who may be able to suggest.

Also, welcome as a new member. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to clear clipboard on motorola maxx

I haven't found a way to clear the clipboard in my Motorola phone. Maybe you could try setting a longer time for the "touch & hold delay" in accessibility. This way the paste pop up won't be triggered so easily by accident, but it will affect everything else.