How do I do a data backup, factory reset & restore?

JohnSmithSpam

Apr 22, 2023
Visit site
Hello

How can I do a full data backup, factory reset & restore?
And if I do so, will I be able to restore ALL my data in all my apps?

Background
The reason I am thinking of doing all this is because I can't get my Outlook calendar to appear in either my Samsung Calendar, nor in my 3rd preferred party calendar app (Business Calendar Pro).

delme_exchange_error.png
I have tried uninstalling all my Microsoft apps but in Android (13) when I go to
Settings ==> Accounts and backup ==> Manage Accounts ==>

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Since this is an Exchange account, have you made sure your organization is not blocking access to calendar/contacts? When you install the Outlook app (or if your organization has a web access page), for instance, you can see these options there and, especially for the Calendar, an additional option for Android is added which allows the phone's calendar app to access that data (otherwise the calendar info is visible only through the Outlook app).

As for your question, you can use your Google account back up option (or SmartSwitch if you're on a Samsung account), but this does NOT save all your app data like, say, an iPhone does. It's up to each app dev to define what can be backed up (unfortunately most do not), but most things that do back up are which apps you installed, some settings for them and most settings for your phone, contacts, texts (as long as they're not RCS-encrypted conversations), and data saved on your folders (i.e. media downloads, pictures, etc.). The options to back up pretty much explain what is and what isn't backed up.

I would not recommend a factory reset unless you've tried everything, but since this is only happening in that one account, it's more likely an account issue than one with your phone. Another thing you can try out is adding that same account on another Android/Samsung device and see if the same behavior continues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201