How do I downgrade Galaxy S6 G920F

garfield24354

Jul 26, 2022
Visit site
Hello

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F

I want to flash Stock ROM 5.x and/or 6.x.

The current version of the original ROM is G920FXXS6ETI6_G920FMOT6ETJ1_G920FXXU6ERF6_HOME.tar.md5

Tnx

garfield24354

Jul 26, 2022
Visit site
I am looking for an old custom ROM VN VN™ROM-S6-G920FXXU1AOE3 -V4.0

Hello

I am looking for this ROM "VN™ROM-S6-G920FXXU1AOE3 -V4.0" and/or download link.

Of course I mean a working link

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I merged your threads and moved them to the S6 forum for more specific traffic

Good luck!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
You would have to search XDA Forum for the firmware because it's a older device and try flash with Odin , I would say look at Frija firmware tool but it only have the latest available for that device. You probably not going to be able to go back from the bootloader your on though

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F

I want to flash Stock ROM 5.x and/or 6.x.

The current version of the original ROM is G920FXXS6ETI6_G920FMOT6ETJ1_G920FXXU6ERF6_HOME.tar.md5

Tnx
It's not possible because going back that far would require the bootloader to be downgraded, and Samsung doesn't allow that

garfield24354

Jul 26, 2022
Visit site
I will already find Stock ROM 5 or 6. I don't see that as a problem. The problem seems to me, how and with the catheter tool do I lower everything necessary?

I didn't know it was necessary to downgrade the bootloader as well, although I don't know how yet

XDA Forums are unwilling or unable to help me. It may be a problem or even impossible to go from 7 to 5. But it can be done gradually, I just need guidance ;) From 7 to 6 and then from 6 to 5.

To be honest why I want to downgrade... because I want touchwiz look like in VN ROM v4.0 custom ROM.

But also I can't download this VN ROM v4.0 custom ROM anywhere.

So if anyone knows a solution for Stock downgrade or a link for VN ROM v4.0, any of these will help me a lot ;)

Thanks

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I will already find Stock ROM 5 or 6. I don't see that as a problem
I can see that you have no experience flashing Samsung devices. But I myself have LOTS of experience doing it. And I'm telling you that what you want to do is *impossible*, per Samsung's rules for flashing. The process will fail every time you try it. If you want to ignore the advice of someone who has much more experience than you and waste your time trying, then that is your decision

garfield24354

Jul 26, 2022
Visit site
I can see that you have no experience flashing Samsung devices. But I myself have LOTS of experience doing it. And I'm telling you that what you want to do is *impossible*, per Samsung's rules for flashing. The process will fail every time you try it. If you want to ignore the advice of someone who has much more experience than you and waste your time trying, then that is your decision

OK. Let's wrap things up by downgrading the Stock ROM ;)

So, all that remains is the custom ROM.

Which is OK with me. So please anyone who can provide me with VN ROM v4.0.

Thank you

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK. Let's wrap things up by downgrading the Stock ROM ;)

So, all that remains is the custom ROM.

Which is OK with me. So please anyone who can provide me with VN ROM v4.0.

Thank you
You could root and install a custom ROM which you have to check XDA forums but they are no longer supported do to how old and less interest to do so

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
And an Android 5 or 6 custom ROM surely wouldn't boot on a device that has an Android 7 bootloader
Im not sure what will work , i havnt been in the root game and flashing ROM in long time , but has the international version so no worries for doing this stuff and should be plenty of tutorials at XDA Forum just has to spend time flipping through many forums, its a waste in my opinion.

garfield24354

Jul 26, 2022
Visit site
Im not sure what will work , i havnt been in the root game and flashing ROM in long time , but has the international version so no worries for doing this stuff and should be plenty of tutorials at XDA Forum just has to spend time flipping through many forums, its a waste in my opinion.

What did you mean by having an international version and not having to worry about it? I think mine is also international ;) Otherwise, I don't know exactly what that means.

For example, I have a galaxy S2 and S3, which is no problem to flashing any Stock ROM vith ODIN. Regardless of which version. Unless they changed/restricted something in the Galaxy S6. I don't know that (yet) :p

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I will already find Stock ROM 5 or 6. I don't see that as a problem. The problem seems to me, how and with the catheter tool do I lower everything necessary?

I didn't know it was necessary to downgrade the bootloader as well, although I don't know how yet

XDA Forums are unwilling or unable to help me. It may be a problem or even impossible to go from 7 to 5. But it can be done gradually, I just need guidance ;) From 7 to 6 and then from 6 to 5.

To be honest why I want to downgrade... because I want touchwiz look like in VN ROM v4.0 custom ROM.

But also I can't download this VN ROM v4.0 custom ROM anywhere.

So if anyone knows a solution for Stock downgrade or a link for VN ROM v4.0, any of these will help me a lot ;)

Thanks

Android 4 is completely useless... nothing supports it anymore, so if you want to actually use the phone for anything you're completely wasting your time. If you just want to stare at TouchWiz on Android 4 and do nothing else, then I hope you find what you're looking for ;)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What did you mean by having an international version and not having to worry about it? I think mine is also international ;) Otherwise, I don't know exactly what that means.

For example, I have a galaxy S2 and S3, which is no problem to flashing any Stock ROM vith ODIN. Regardless of which version. Unless they changed/restricted something in the Galaxy S6. I don't know that (yet) :p
Yours is international version, which usually have unlocked bootloader to root easily compared to US version, that device is very outdated from apps being supported, security of you data, rooting and flashing that device is not supported anymore , can be done with older ROM which you have to search for as no one is interested in supporting these devices .

I also have Note 2 ,Note 4 , HTC M8,Nexus 5x
They all non functional and part of my phone museum for once upon a time I had these devices

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred