How do I fix the spring clip on my HTC Desire 610?

rashaelatk

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
i have a htc desire 610 and the spring or clip has broken help

I have a HTC desire 610 and the clip or spring has gone in the SIM slot. I am on a contract but I don't have warranty however the SIM won't stay in the slot so I can't use my phone . What can I do???

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: i have a htc desire 610 and the spring or clip has broken help

Hello and welcome to Android Central.
I can't help you but this will bump your thread/question back up the list.
It really sounds like you need to get an inexpensive estimate from a local repair store, it should be quite simple. I know there are one or two people here who might know more and can warn you whether it's safe to try something yourself.
Stick around if you still have the issue.

From my UK Note 3 on Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: i have a htc desire 610 and the spring or clip has broken help

I agree with Madd. See what an estimate is, but don't be too surprised if the cost to repair it may not be worth it.

Another option may be explain to your carrier. Maybe they will let you upgrade early?

From an AOSP M8

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Golfdriver on this. Hopefully there's something the carrier can do to help you out. Also, it could be a relatively known issue for them and they may be inclined to replace it for you. You'll never know unless you ask :).

bgy3jlh

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my HTC Desire 610. I bought the 'phone only, brand new and unlocked, online, and have no warranty. My mobile contract is SIM only. I've used sellotape for now, but the result is variable and completely unreliable, with 'SIM not detected' frequently flashing up on my screen.

OP, how did you resolve your issue, please?

Aisling Maria

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
How did you resolve this issue? I went into 3 shop during the week even though I've had this problem since I bought it too, but the phone case was keeping the sim secure. However I wanted to change cases and told them this in the shop and he said it was a known fault and for this reason they were no longer selling these phones. His solution was to offer a basic crappy replacement phone while they sent it away to get fixed where it'd take a minimum of 2 weeks. As I need the phone for work I can't be without mobile internet for that long... If the phones were faulty should they not have offered a similar phone instead?

Fireblade Nuts

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Must be a common problem with this handset ..the exact same thing happened to mine also and the funny thing was it happen 2 weeks after the warranty was up ..typical...since then I bought a desire 620 it's no where near as good as the 610 ..aaaagh I hate Samsung as they all break eventually either it be the charger port or the mobo having solider fractures etc ..and don't get me started on Apple ..there pieces of junk full stop..there is my rant anyways hehe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mervy333