How do I get call history time stamp?

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
When I go to phone history and look at numbers from a previous day it will not show what time the calls were made or received. Is there a way to get the time to show for previous days calls?

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Go to the phone app, swipe right to Call History, select one of the incoming or outgoing call from the list, and then Press and hold a name or number in the list to display the options, then tap View History.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
It shows the duration of the call but not the time that the call occurred, is yours different somehow?
For example, it shows that I had three calls from the number on Wednesday but it does not tell me what time those calls occurred.

Last edited:

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the stock phone app? Because mine shows the time the call occurred, but not how long it lasted..

Posted via Android Central App

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
My Phone with the stock phone APP does not show the TIME of call in history either. It only shows DATE of the call and DURATION.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I guess it's an htc thing then. I don't feel I should have to download an app just to find out what time I received a call the day before but it is what it is.

Hjortron

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I guess it's an htc thing then. I don't feel I should have to download an app just to find out what time I received a call the day before but it is what it is.

I agree with you wholeheartedly! This is basic, obvious information that any user would need. You shouldn't have to install a third-party app to get basic functionality! It makes me wonder how on Earth they could make such a decision. Absolutely counterintuitive (particularly for a skin that calls itself "Sense"... The absence of this info makes NO sense!). SOLUTION: I installed a third-party dialer, called "Dialer+" (It's free. And very well-designed to boot). It reveals the timestamp info you seek. I am in the process of communicating with HTC over this issue right now. Would like to see it addressed in an upcoming software update.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the Sprint m8 and all I do is go to call history,it will show the time and day of last call to a particular contact. If I hold that contact down it gives me option for ,view history,I press it ,and can see time,and date of calls as far back as I like. Stock dialer as well.

Hjortron

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
That is very interesting... This information is absolutely unavailable to me on my AT&T m7, running KitKat (Android 4.4.2) & Sense 6.0. So, you think this may be a limitation imposed by the carrier?

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon M8 and follow the instructions given here and I see everything about the call.

Go to the phone app, swipe right to Call History, select one of the incoming or outgoing call from the list, and then Press and hold a name or number in the list to display the options, then tap View History.

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by 757Dave
I have the Verizon M8 and follow the instructions given here and I see everything about the call.
I'm on Verizon and only see times for the current day. Previous days just give the date.

I'm no expert on this matter, but are you using the stock phone app that came with the m8? When you open your history and long press on a recent call do you see the following:

screen shot 01.jpg

If you do, when you select view history what do you see?

Just trying to help.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
On my AT&T phone when I long click on a call in History, then select "view history" from the top of the list of options that become available, the only thing that appears is the DATE and DURATION of the call, it does not time stamp the call unless the call was made that day, anything earlier than day of and there is no time stamp.....

Last edited:

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
On my AT&T phone when I long click on a call in History, then select "view history" from the top of the list of options that become available, the only thing that appears is the DATE and DURATION of the call, it does not time stamp the call unless the call was made that day, anything earlier than day of and there is no time stamp.....

OK, I guess I've missed the OP's point. I see what you are getting at. Same here. Time only shows on current days calls. A little slow on the uptake on this one, sorry. :-[

Daverk

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be a carrier issue, displaying time and date here on Vodafone Ireland

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

lyriciss

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the Sprint HTC One (M8), and it shows the date and the time of the call right in the call history.
It doesn't tell the duration of the call, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen