How do I put phone app in mode where pressing a recent call gives me Add-to-Contacts?

pluviosilla

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but my phone app keeps switching between two modes, and I don't know why. In one mode, if I view "Recent Calls" and press a number in the list, it just selects it for deletion. But in the other mode, if I press the number, a dropdown appears containing an "Add to Contacts" option as well as a little circle with an "i" in it. If I press the little circle with the "i" it takes me to another set of options that include "Block Caller". This is a much quicker, more streamlined way to block a caller that does not require me to navigate to the Settings menu. In this mode, it is also a lot easier (quicker) to add a caller to my Contacts. But half the time, the phone app is in this mode and the other half, its in the other mode, and I have no idea how to control which mode the app is in. All the internet articles and YouTube tutorials on blocking callers explain how to block callers using the Settings screen. *None* mention the method I refer to here. Can someone tell me, first of all, what these two modes of the phone app are called? And finally, how do I switch between the two modes?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not exactly sure how it is on a Note10, but in general, make sure you're in the Call History or Recent Calls tab, then tap the icon to the left of the phone number. See if there's an option in the next screen to Add to Contacts.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
On the recent tab in the phone app, press and hold gives the option to delete.

Tap gives the option to add to contact, call, text, and the info button. The info button gives you the history, add a tag, call, and text.