How do I remove photo/video off my Nexus 5?

copanewbe

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm not able to free up photo/video storage on my device - Nexus 5 running 5.1. I've deleted all photos and videos off the device itself. When I check "storage", I still see 1.7GB of storage being used under "Pictures, videos". When I click on "Pictures, Videos" in storage, there are no files. When I look in the "photos" app, again there are no files under "on device". The trash has been emptied. I rebooted the phone. No luck. Auto back-up is on, but as I stated, none of the photos are stored locally at this point.

How do I free up this mysterious use of space?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I was going to suggest reboot, but you did that already. You might try a Cache Partition Wipe, you will not lose any data or apps. CCleaner may just be what may free up that space. If cache wipe or CCleaner does not clear things up then you could try a factory reset, you will lose your data and apps, so be sure to do a backup.

blastthedull

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I had the similar issue and to be able to eliminate it I browsed google play and had to install clean master. After running clean master the redundant storage got ultimately free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro